Respected Contributor

Re: National Anthem at Super Bowl

Good for her. I hope she has thick skin though. People always find a way to be upset by how it was sung no matter who does it.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2014 lulu2 said:
On 1/21/2014 deepwaterdotter said:

Will be sung by opera vocalist Renee Fleming. The first time an opera performer has been chosen to sing at a Super Bowl.

I love her, but I hope her rendition will be appreciated by the mass audience.

It may be some viewers' first exposure to Ms. Fleming's vocal talents. And there's always the "mute" feature on the remote.

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2014 lulu2 said:
On 1/21/2014 croemer said:

Wish I had hear Ann...I love Heart.

here

TY lulu, it was beautiful. Yes she had one bad note but otherwise...beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2014 lulu2 said:
On 1/21/2014 croemer said:

Wish I had hear Ann...I love Heart.

here

Thanks, I didn't hear her sing it during the game, so I appreciate that you posted the link. Ann's voice is as good as it was during Heart's heyday. She sounded great and she sung a very traditional rendition which always goes over well with the audience.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

Oh I hadn't heard that. Renee is from here so we will have a hometown connection to the superbowl.

Super Contributor

She was great! So was the football game.

Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2014 RainCityGirl said:

OT, but kudos to homegirl Anne Wilson of Heart for her rendition of the anthem at the Seahawks/Niners game. In her 60's and she's still got it.

Very proud to call Anne and Nancy homegirls but Anne was not as exceptional as you have said a couple times now. Her high shriek (sp) or whatever that note is she often ends on was not there, she even caught herself and pulled it back a little. Watch her again.

I didnt even think it belonged there but that is jmo...

Respected Contributor

On 1/21/2014 12andcounting said:

I thought Anne Wilson did a great job, too -- until the end when she tried to change it up and hit that high note that was a little too high for her. However, I, too, do think she still has it -- did a great job otherwise, in my opinion.

See, you caught it too. Smile

Honored Contributor

I hope she doesn't drag it out too long.

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2014 SeaGal said:
On 1/21/2014 RainCityGirl said:

OT, but kudos to homegirl Anne Wilson of Heart for her rendition of the anthem at the Seahawks/Niners game. In her 60's and she's still got it.

Very proud to call Anne and Nancy homegirls but Anne was not as exceptional as you have said a couple times now. Her high shriek (sp) or whatever that note is she often ends on was not there, she even caught herself and pulled it back a little. Watch her again.

I didnt even think it belonged there but that is jmo...

I think that "shriek" (and yes, it was loud) at the end was just a little kicker to remind everyone (as if we needed it) of the Heart sound and style. I loved it!