Esteemed Contributor

NO ARRESTS IN NEW YORK BOMBING.....YET

People have been questioned, but it is only a matter of time before good old fashioned detective work results in the arrest of one or more people.

I'm sure that the pressure cooker alone provided a lot of evidence. And then there is the video evidence. It seems as though every square foot is covered by security cameras these days.

Honored Contributor

Re: NO ARRESTS IN NEW YORK BOMBING.....YET

[ Edited ]

The governor said it isn't tied to a terror cell. Check NYTimes.

Respected Contributor

Reporting...

New York bombing: Suspect identified as 28-year-old

Ahmad Khan Rahami is being sought in connection with

the Chelsea bombing.

Honored Contributor

It just amazes me  how they can find someone when they want to that has done such a crime...  with all the people in NY.  The FBI and others are really on the ball.

Valued Contributor

Person of interest named in New York City bombing

1474285499421.png

Federal and local law enforcement were hunting an "armed and dangerous" 28-year-old Afghan-born man in connection with Saturday's bombing in New York City, even as raids and detentions in the metropolitan area raised the specter of a terror cell behind a series of successful and attempted attacks over the weekend. 

Ahmad Khan Rahami, a naturalized U.S. citizen, is wanted for questioning regarding the Saturday night blast in New York's Chelsea neighborhood that injured 29 people. Rahami's last known address was in Elizabeth, NJ, the city where the FBI had launched at least one raid Monday morning. That's also the location where investigators discovered five suspicious devices -- one of which exploded while a bomb squad robot tried to disarm it -- near a train station.

"Today I believe we're going to find out that [the bombing] was influenced by foreign sources," Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday on"Fox & Friends."

. . .

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/19/person-interest-to-named-in-nyc-bombing.html

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It just amazes me  how they can find someone when they want to that has done such a crime...  with all the people in NY.  The FBI and others are really on the ball.

It's pretty simple, really.

The pressure cooker that was found most likely had his finger prints on it, and you run those finger prints through the system, and if he's in the system, it will produce a match, which will then produce a name.

You run the name through DMV, and that produces a picture.

You study the survailence video of the area to see if he was at the spot at the time that the bombs were placed.

Bingo, bango, bongo, you have a suspect.

Trusted Contributor

Not surprised by this at all. Great work, investigators! 

Respected Contributor

Apparently, the video viewed before the explosion showed this man at both locations.  Also, the cell phone was not detonated at the second device, so they were able to trace it to his family.  He is no longer a "person of interest" -- they are saying he is connected to the crime.

Respected Contributor

Neighbors allege his father hauled computers into the backyard and burned them a couple of days ago

Respected Contributor

So I get emergency texts and apparently they found a package on one of the parking decks at one of the Rutgers Univ. locations. My coworkers son attends Rutgers and the kids have already been told to stay away. I don't know if this is connected or not  so as they say its fluid.