Super Contributor

NBC Paying for Guests to Come on Their Various Shows ~~

Not only on the Today's Show, but some of those programs, or part of them, are referred to in the Nightly News with Brian Williams and other programs. They are trying to beat GMA, who do not pay for interviews, as they are still the No. 1 show. So no wholesomeness in the people that come on and who knows who else does this?

Magenta

Super Contributor

Re: NBC Paying for Guests to Come on Their Various Shows ~~

If you do a search you will find that although GMA does not PAY for the interviews, they do pay a "licsensing fee" to the interviewee for the rights to air and publish the interview. ALL the networks do this, also, hotels, transportation, meals and many other "perks" so in reality, they ARE paying for the interveiw, only in a round about way

Honored Contributor

Beings NBC and the branch cable networks are at the bottom of the rung when it comes to ratings? They will do about anything to get their ratings up. I could say more about them and there cable affiliates but this time my brain is running the same speed as my fingers.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Thank God for small favors.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch GMA, Today or any of those shows, but would think they pay for the airline and accomodations.

Respected Contributor

Anyone who believes guests appear on any show for free or at their own expense is dreaming. TODAY is not the only one that pays. It has nothing to do with ratings whether or not they pay.

Didn't Oprah claim she didn't pay her guests?

Respected Contributor

Sounds like they are desperate.

Regular Contributor

I thought all news programs paid guests for appearances regardless who they are. I don't see any problem with it. If the Today Show wants to increase their ratings they should 86 Savannah and keep Tamron off the first hour. Between those two talking over one another and Natalie trying to a word in edgewise, it turns into screaming match. The show format has changed so much over the past years. Too much loud banter and not enough news. Liked it much better when Matt was the lead.

Respected Contributor

I always assumed guests got paid.

Esteemed Contributor

I always assumed guests got some sort of perks for traveling to NYC, at the very least transportation, hotels, meals. What I object to is the desperate laughing, giggling, and lame attempts to seem current on some ofthese morning shows. That's why I don't watch GMA or Today. I watch CBS with Charlie Rose et al. They actually cover the news.