Esteemed Contributor

Re: NBA Takes All Star Game Out Of Charlotte

@KYToby wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

So happy to see Charlotte stick to their values. Maybe no basketball game but safe bathrooms for the women.

Charlotte stick to their values?  Perhaps, just perhaps, you should read up on what actually happen their before making statements which are not based upon the facts.

Charlotte pass an LGBTQ-friendly ordinance.  That is their values.

North Carolina legislators, in an attempt to thwart Charlotte and other cities which had similar ordinances, called an emergency session to prevent such ordinances from being inforced.

Charlotte values all citizens.  Many N.C. legislators do not.

No I am going to stick by what I said. We will just have to disagree.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:

I could care less what the NBA does. They should be concentrating on keeping their players clean and drug free...and out of jail!

In one breath you state that you don't care about The NBA but then in the next you're telling them what they should do?

I don't care about the NBA - I am not a NBA basketball fan - prefer baseball - but I do support the state of North Carolina and their decisions.

..and since you're not a NC citizen and can't support the many businesses which will be affected, your opinion is moot. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:

I could care less what the NBA does. They should be concentrating on keeping their players clean and drug free...and out of jail!

In one breath you state that you don't care about The NBA but then in the next you're telling them what they should do?

I don't care about the NBA - I am not a NBA basketball fan - prefer baseball - but I do support the state of North Carolina and their decisions.

..and since you're not a NC citizen and can't support the many businesses which will be affected, your opinion is moot. 

Well by that logic most of our opinions would be moot then. Pro or con.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew

I see you TOTALLY missed the point.  the poster posted she(?) supported NC's decision and she isn't a citizen of that state - so, in other words, unless she (?) can come up with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for all the vendors and venues..the point is therefore...moot. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@Nancy Drew

I see you TOTALLY missed the point.  the poster posted she(?) supported NC's decision and she isn't a citizen of that state - so, in other words, unless she (?) can come up with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for all the vendors and venues..the point is therefore...moot. 

Or you could have totally missed the point. Maybe she meant emotionally and not financially. You can still support NC financially through online businesses and tourism.

Esteemed Contributor

Have a good night @Nancy Drew, I'm going to go to my unmarked bathroom..

Trusted Contributor

For those that believe we need to be tolerable of all, show no bigotry, etc..........

the jabs you are making toward posters certainly show no tolerance, except for those that agree with your beliefs.

Once again, I say, it starts with RESPECT!!!!!

We're all allowed an opinion - in my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

For those that believe we need to be tolerable of all, show no bigotry, etc..........

the jabs you are making toward posters certainly show no tolerance, except for those that agree with your beliefs.

Once again, I say, it starts with RESPECT!!!!!

We're all allowed an opinion - in my opinion.

I agree.  We're allowed our own opinions and no one should try to hinder them.  Problem is some can't separate opinion from fact.  They are not mutually exclusive of one another.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Reportedly there are 700,000 trans people in the US.

There is a good likelihood there are more than this and this is just an estimate of those counting.  

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Good night to you as well. I am going to my bathroom that has my gender clearly marked.