Esteemed Contributor

Re: NBA Takes All Star Game Out Of Charlotte

Amen, JustJazzmom.
Honored Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

I don't care about the NBA - I am not a NBA basketball fan - prefer baseball - but I do support the state of North Carolina and their decisions.

You aren't alone in that sentiment..........

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

So all small businesses are supposed to add on a third bathroom?  

No. Trans people use the bathroom of the gender they resemble and identify with.

This has been going on for DECADES...but since they look like a lady, and we use stalls, you never noticed.

This isn't always true.  There is a mall outside of Charlotte that has a small store where the main sales associate is transgender--obviously a male dressing as female.  I had heard about this person, but didn't know which store. DH and I bought ice cream and sat on a bench at that mall and heard all sorts of onlookers like they were looking at a freak show.  Mall security stayed outside the store while we were there.  The person was well over 6 feet without the stilettos.  The full beard, gait, frequent shifting of the wig, and incredibly tight short dress made it obvious.

I think you may be confusing transgender with cross-dressing.  Sounds more to me like he is making a statement.

@Marp  I remember hearing a story on the news where a guy dressing like a woman and then posting a selfie and saying "hey guys I can now use the same restroom as your wife/girlfriend"......he said he was straight and just wanted to make a statement, don't know if it was the same man or not or what state it was in....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Marp  I remember hearing a story on the news where a guy dressing like a woman and then posting a selfie and saying "hey guys I can now use the same restroom as your wife/girlfriend"......he said he was straight and just wanted to make a statement, don't know if it was the same man or not or what state it was in....

@Spurt

We all know the world is full of idiots, right?

A frat boy unfunny joke has nothing to do with the seriousness of the real situation.  There are always going to be fools who pull stunts most people know are not funny.

Do you really believe a true predator would post his photo and intentions?

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

It has everything to do with FEAR.  People fear what is different from them. People fear what they don't understand.....   or what they choose not to understand.

@SaRina

ITA ..... and unfortunately, there are just too many people manipulated into believing really ridiculous scenarios ....  they are essentially TOLD what to believe and just go along with it because their fear overrides logical thinking.

If they are ever questioned about why they think that way, they get hostile and just use "values" as an excuse!  How very sad.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt

A frat boy unfunny joke has nothing to do with the seriousness of the real situation.  There are always going to be fools who pull stunts most people know are not funny.

@Noel7  First of all I responded to Marp's post regarding a situation and I just confirmed I saw a news story that was similar to the incident she described.....

But in this day in age of terrorists, mass shootings going on not even involving this issue -- it's a crazy world we live in just watch the news.... ya never know when someone that's mentally unstable with violent tendencies might do something to harm others by getting an idea they saw on the news or in the movies..........I guess I go by the old adage, "better safe than sorry".,..... some of these mass shooters have posted their intentions on FB before putting it into action.....I'm not going to be naive.....and this doesn't even involve the whole transgender situation....law enforcement warns you to be aware of your surroundings and report anything suspcious....especially in this age of terrorism, and sad to say, even a practical joke has to be taken seriously these days...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt

@Noel7  First of all I responded to Marp's post regarding a situation and I just confirmed I saw a news story that was similar to the incident she described.....

But in this day in age of terrorists, mass shootings going on not even involving this issue -- it's a crazy world we live in just watch the news.... ya never know when someone that's mentally unstable with violent tendencies might do something to harm others by getting an idea they saw on the news or in the movies..........I guess I go by the old adage, "better safe than sorry".,..... some of these mass shooters have posted their intentions on FB before putting it into action.....I'm not going to be naive.....and this doesn't even involve the whole transgender situation....law enforcement warns you to be aware of your surroundings and report anything suspcious....especially in this age of terrorism

@Spurt

I wouldn't disagree with always being cautious, but I will remind you that trans people have been around for decades and we have no evidence they attacked anyone in restrooms, and apparently we also have no evidence straight men are dressing as women and attacking anyone in women's bathrooms.

We do have plenty of evidence there are real idiots who think taking a selfie as you described is hilarious.

Honored Contributor

I am truly sorry for the lost revenue that Charlotte and other NC cities are losing but the citizens should know that it is simply through ignorance and bigotry that had this law passed.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

The irrational fearmongering is getting way out of control.

IMHO.