Esteemed Contributor

Re: NBA Takes All Star Game Out Of Charlotte

@Noel7 wrote:

@3suwm5 wrote:

So there is a bathroom law in the constitution?  Well, we might have nudist colonies, a group decide we don't need to stop at red lights, A isn't the first letter in the alphabet, you don't get waited on just because you are the next in line.  You don't graduate just because you completed the curriculum for your area of study.........it could be endless.

As I said, if we don't need a majority of votes in November, I can hardly wait.

Are you new to this country?

You seem very unfamiliar with the Constitution.

Noel, I think you are forgetting how the electoral college works.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@3suwm5 wrote:

So there is a bathroom law in the constitution?  Well, we might have nudist colonies, a group decide we don't need to stop at red lights, A isn't the first letter in the alphabet, you don't get waited on just because you are the next in line.  You don't graduate just because you completed the curriculum for your area of study.........it could be endless.

As I said, if we don't need a majority of votes in November, I can hardly wait.

Are you new to this country?

You seem very unfamiliar with the Constitution.

Noel, I think you are forgetting how the electoral college works.

@Marp

Not at all, I considered getting into that and then most of us here realized it's a troll.  Waste of energy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@3suwm5 wrote:

I believe Democracy means, the majority 'rule'.  That's what I've been taught at school.  Where do we start with changing things for all groups, no matter the size, even under 1%.  How do we decide what group comes first?

I'm curious.

@3suwm5

Of the 2010 Census population, 157.0 million were female (50.8 percent) while 151.8 million were male (49.2 percent).

So, I guess your majority rule explains why so many women's issues make it into law so quickly.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't even understand why the NBA is getting into this.

I find it ridiculous.  Do they have players that are transgender?  Do they need North Carolina bathrooms?

They should stick to basketball.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I find it ridiculous.  Do they have players that are transgender?  Do they need North Carolina bathrooms?

Hyacinth

Oh boy.

this really shouldn't have to be explained but...

The NBA is making a statement. If NC persists with a discriminatory law, they intend to pull their business from that state.  Just as many other corporations have indicated they will do.  

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

Oh boy.

this really shouldn't have to be explained but...

The NBA is making a statement. If NC persists with a discriminatory law, they intend to pull their business from that state.  Just as many other corporations have indicated they will do.  

And have already done.  Companies considering opening facilities here have stopped negotiations and expansion plans have been cancelled.  There has already been major economic impacts due to this law and the impact keeps growing.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

hyacinth003 --

It's politically correct, that's why. IMO

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

Directly from the NBA:

"The NBA has decided to relocate the 2017 All-Star Game from Charlotte with the hope of rescheduling for 2019.

"Since March, when North Carolina enacted HB2 and the issue of legal protections for the LGBT community in Charlotte became prominent, the NBA and the Charlotte Hornets have been working diligently to foster constructive dialogue and try to effect positive change. We have been guided in these discussions by the long-standing core values of our league. These include not only diversity, inclusion, fairness and respect for others but also the willingness to listen and consider opposing points of view.

"Our week-long schedule of All-Star events and activities is intended to be a global celebration of basketball, our league, and the values for which we stand, and to bring together all members of the NBA community -- current and former players, league and team officials, business partners, and fans. While we recognize that the NBA cannot choose the law in every city, state, and country in which we do business, we do not believe we can successfully host our All-Star festivities in Charlotte in the climate created by HB2.

"We are particularly mindful of the impact of this decision on our fans in North Carolina, who are among the most passionate in our league. It is also important to stress that the City of Charlotte and the Hornets organization have sought to provide an inclusive environment and that the Hornets will continue to ensure that all patrons -- including members of the LGBT community -- feel welcome while attending games and events in their arena.

"We look forward to re-starting plans for our All-Star festivities in Charlotte for 2019 provided there is an appropriate resolution to this matter.

"The NBA will make an announcement on the new location of the 2017 NBA All-Star Game in the coming weeks."

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/07/21/nba-statement-all-star-game-relocation-from-charlotte/

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for playing!!

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003

Perhaps simple is well, ...simpler.

Money talks.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras