Super Contributor

Do you use your "given" name, or do you have a "pet" name that you are called?

A house is not a home without a cat!
Trusted Contributor

My face turns red when I think of some of the past pet names. DH used to call me "petunia" and it had a certain cringe factor LOOOOOOL. "Cleo" at work due to the long black hair I suppose, others I wont mention here..oh and Stormy LOL

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't call it a pet name, but I do go by my nickname.  My given name is not complex but people have trouble pronouncing it.  Here in New Mexico they try to pronounce it as they would in Spanish and it just doesn't work.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I understand,  I've been called a few names that I can't repeat here!

A house is not a home without a cat!
Honored Contributor

Given name.  I think my parents gave me a pretty name.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a nickname. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

My BIL and husband use a nickname for me but I'd rather keep it private. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

@Catfancy Just a cute little antedote: When I was fostered the papers on my information got mixed up with another baby and my fosters were told my name was incorrectly "Bernice" and Nicknamed aka "Bunny" I was so glad they discovered the oops as I am very far from any "Bunny" and my fosters were going to change my name if that were the case. Whew a tomboy named "Bunny" would have given me a real complex LOL (and an attitude hehehehe j/k)

Valued Contributor

Life id very funny.  My given name was very common, my parents went to a movie and named me after an actress because they liked her name.

I have struggled my entire life to be called by my given name.  only my friends and family call me by my given name.

My parents were distressed that no one would call me by my given name.  They even named my siblings so that their names could not be hacked. 

What is also odd, is that about 10 years ago my nickname was shortened to one sylable by everyone.  It happened overnight.  One day I went to work and my name had been changed.  Too funny!

I am used to it but I always never understood the why?

I also have one of those faces that people ask me if I am so and so because I look just like someone else:-) 

The discussions we have here are amazing.  I am having the most fun!

Honored Contributor

No nickname...just my given name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**