Honored Contributor

My thoughts on the Di exhibit

I still think the wedding gown was awful, but it was beautifully made..Her wedding shoes were far prettier than the dress and were a work of art

They have pictures of flowers painted on the sole of the shoe, right where the arch hits, so they were never walked on..the paint was originally gold, but looks brown now

I think the colors of off the clothing looked off because of the lighting..It was sort of a dim blue color to stop fading from occurring

Most of her dresses were timeless..There was a polka dot number that looked very Dynasty to me, I didn't like and looked very dated, but the rest were things you could wear today

I liked a plaid wool double breasted coat dress the best, and I recall seeing pictures of her wearing it,and she looked stunning

She often joked about her big head...I think it was sort of a true statement, but then she was not a petite lady, but a statuesque one

I think some of the people were frankly the sort of fans that would give me a shiver..They stood and looked at items in the case for so long I wondered what is it they haven't seen..like 10 minutes staring at her ballet shoes..my husband noticed this right off

I was subjected to 2 women simply gushing and dripping about her in the elevator...I pitied her when I saw just how obsessive people still are about her

I enjoyed the exhibit..She had many beautiful female for ancestors..would I see it again..no..but I am still glad I did..It was fun looking at the family jewels

I did get a tiny pr of sterling and CZ earrings, because I liked them..I didn't think the price was terribly bad, but most of what was offered I wouldn't be interested it

If you get a chance, and like to look at fashions, and memorabilia, do go..it is fun