Highlighted
New Contributor

My son leaves for basic military training....

on April 11 and I am scared to death. Are there any parents out there who can give me words of wisdom or comfort. This is something he has wanted for himself for a long time and he has been in the delayed entry program since June waiting for a job to be reserved for him. I thought in that time I would have come around to the idea of him leaving. Guess I was wrong. The call came from my son's recruiter today that he will be getting his first job choice, Security Forces and that he leaves for BMT on April 11. I know I raised a good young man, I know that for sure....it's just especially hard for me now knowing the exact date that he leaves. I am wondering if there are any military moms out there who can tell me how you get through those first few months. I do not want him to be worrying about how I am feeling when he needs to be concentrating on that.

Now, I need to book a flight and hotel for his graduation. So any suggestions for a nice hotel near Lackland AFB, TX would be most helpful.

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View