Valued Contributor

@CelticCrafter, I do that too somewhat.   

I wouldn't hold up the cashier or the line to do it.  She kept apologizing so she knew she was holding up other people.    The cashier had nothing to ring up at times because she was busy organizing the belt 

Esteemed Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl

Your last sentence is a laugh-er.

People with common sense are a dying breed.

dee

mindwandered.jpg

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

My rant concerns those who read a magazine in the checkout and then put it back rather than purchasing it. I don't want to buy a used magazine that someone has fouled with with who knows what viruse or bacteria they may be harboring. 

ALWAYS purchase a magazine from the back of the rack.

Smiley Frustrated

In Sunny AZ
Honored Contributor

I won't look at a magazine or anything while waiting to see any Doctor either.  They are chocked with germs. I am guilty for once in a blue moon looking at a magazine in line. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Only those with a death wish would involve themselves with a magazine in a doctor's waiting room. Really, a magazine in any public waiting area  would be contaminated.

Honored Contributor

Re: My rant for the day

[ Edited ]

@akaburtonfan wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

My grocery store 'rant', is the person with a full cart in the 'Express' line (10 items or less) and the cashier says nothing, while I wait behind them with 2-3 items.....grrrrrr.

Or like me you have a full cart and the person at the express lane says I'll take you. I say to her are you sure? She says yes. Then when a couple of people get in line behind me she says nothing to let them know that she told me to get in her line. Now I look like the bad shopper. Some days grocery shopping is such a pain.

@akaburtonfan

@kdgn

I agree that if the express lane is empty and the cashier calls you over with a cart full, when people with a few items line up behind you, it would be nice if the cashier let the line know that she called you there, so you don't look like the bad guy!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Yesterday I was behind a woman with a cart full and two screaming kids. The cashier finishes ringing her up. Then she proceeds to pay so much in cash, another amount on her food stamp card, another amount on her debit card. Then I guess she ran out of money and had to root through her bags to put some stuff back. 

She sounds like she was more to be pitied than scorned.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

My rant concerns those who read a magazine in the checkout and then put it back rather than purchasing it. I don't want to buy a used magazine that someone has fouled with with who knows what viruse or bacteria they may be harboring. 

@occasionalrain

Versus all of the viruses or bacteria that any of the other many people handling the magazine; printing, assembling pages, packaging, delivery to stores, opened by store employees and placed in the racks?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

I never use the self checkout. That's what cashiers are for. If the store wants to pay me or give me a percentage off my order for checking out my own items I might consider using one.

Valued Contributor

I imagine the grocery store is full of germs - the carts, the food on the shelves, your money or credit cards - magazines are no dirtier than anything else we come in contact with all day long