Esteemed Contributor

He was born at 4:26 am this morning. Finnegan Rhys weighed in at 7lbs 1 ounce and is 22 inches long. He has really big feet. We have tall men in our family so we think he may be tall too. My daughters birthday is the 5th of July and his is the 4th. I am over the moon! I cannot believe I am a grandmother. I keep looking at him and it is just so surreal! He is just so sweet. You know how newborns are all scrunched up still in the fetal position? I just love that. I can't stop kissing the little nugget. I am just so excited. I got to watch him being born and it was so amazing, I couldn't stop crying. You don't get that perspective when you are the one having the baby. My daughter was in a lot of pain and wanted to do it naturally but ended up getting an epidural and that helped her so much. She is feeling really good now and all is well.

I came home for a shower and to get something to eat and back I go to the hospital. Just wanted to share my happy news with some of the great ladies (and gentlemen) here.

Have a great 4th of July!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

Congrats! Love his name!

Esteemed Contributor

Wow cool on the 4th of July! Congratulations Irshgrl and I LOVE his name!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Finn was born on the 4th of July...how COOL!!!!

Congratulations to one and all!

Super Contributor

Congratulations! What a great name and what a great day on which to be born.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations!

Eta: My friend was born on July 4th. When she was very little, she used to think the fireworks were for her. Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Congrats to your new addition to the family.......

Honored Contributor
Congratulations! Cool name and birthdate!
Respected Contributor
Happiest 4th of July possible!! Life can't be better!
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Irshgrl!! You're going to love being a grandma!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986