Esteemed Contributor

My first Blair catalogue came.....

I just quickly looked through it and I like the some of the tops.  Does anyone here wear their stuff and if so, how do the sizes run?   Do they run large or small?   Are they well-made??   I have never ordered from a catalogue before.  Should I give it a try????  TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: My first Blair catalogue came.....

I would also like to know about sizing,etc.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I went everywhere in my area looking for traditional sweatpants.  I was unaware that they were so hard to find now.  Anyway, I finally found them at Blair at around $14.99 a pair and am very happy with my purchases.

Granted, sweatpants are very forgiving with regards to sizing, but I can say that I ordered my regular size Medium and they were true to size.  I have no experience with other types of clothing, though.

P.S.  Edit to add that the fabric was thick and did not shrink in the least after putting them in the dryer.  I would definitely recommend Blair if you're looking for sweatpants. :-)  They have a wide array of colors too.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I order from them a lot for my elderly mother, she can't really get to the mall, this is easier for her. The quality is okay, it's not very expensive you get what you pay for. As far as sizing of pants my mother wears petite length and they carry that length for her. I would say they run true to size, although more towards running smaller than larger. I try to order in the s/m/l sizes as opposed to number sizes (12p) when I can.My mother likes them but I wouldn't buy for myself, I prefer a department stoe.

Trusted Contributor

I have ordered a few things for my mom and myself.  I would say that their things are basically a bit larger than true to size.  We've mostly bought tops and cardigans.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the speedy responses ladies.  I'm going to give it a try.  I am going to order a couple of tops in Medium to see how they wear.  How can I go wrong for $6????  LOL

I'll get back with a "review" after I have given them a wash, dry and wear test......  Free shipping too.  LOLOL

Honored Contributor

Sizes run big, but for me their M is too small and their large is too big, hope this makes sense.

Honored Contributor

Blair has some very nice dressy sweatshirts with matching sweatpants for those who like that matched look.   I have worn out the last raincoat I bought from there.  What I don't like about their sizing is their women's sizes run small, and many of their shirt lengths are too short to suit me.   However, my mom and several friends order from this company, specifically because 27 inch length tops are perfect for them.   

Honored Contributor

If you are a person who likes to dress in classic styles and not too trendy Blair is great. I find the value and quality is very good and the prices are excellant.

Yes, they have great sweats. I have many of their sweatshirt jackets at camp. They also have really nice polar fleece. I have a pink polar fleece jacket with tonal  pink flowers embroidered down the sleeves, I know it is 15 years old because I remember the event I bought it for. It is still in perfect condition.

I find their clothes to be true to size. I also like their fabric purses and tote bags.

Respected Contributor

Don't have a catalog but can tell you that I have a navy midi length dress that I found at a Goodwill that I have worn around the house regularly for about 8 yrs.  I t was well worn when I got it but is still soft and comfortable after all the use and laundering !!!

Size wise, it says it is "medium" and I am a 14.  HTH.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill