Honored Contributor

Re: My father passed away this morning

@gidgetgh, our thought and prayers are with you and yours over the loss of your dear Dad.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your father. My father dropped dead of a heart attack 21 years ago.  I never got to say goodbye to him and it bothers me to this day. Prayers for your healing. 

Super Contributor

So very sorry for the loss of you father.

Respected Contributor

Please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your father.  Even though we know that our loved one will pass soon, it is still a shock and you're almost numb.  You will keep busy because  you have a job to do for your dad.  The good news is that you and your sister will support each other.   You are never really ready to let him go.  In time you will ADJUST to his absence.

I hope you will be at peace.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.Take care of yourself. It sounds like your dad was very blessed to have you and your sister caring for him. I pray that you will be filled with peace and warm memories of your dad.

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

gidget, please accept my sincere sympathy as you begin the very difficult journey through grief.  Right now you probably feel as if you cannot put one foot in front of the other, but I truly believe you will be given strength to get through the difficult days ahead.  

May your beloved father R.I.P.  Godspeed.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  I join the others before me in extending sincere condolences. I empathize because fifteen years ago my sister and I also took on the care for our father the last weeks of his life. The three of us were together 24/7.  It was both a nightmare and a blessing.

All these years later, Gidget, I can share with you what I know now about the experience.  You were a blessing to your father.  He is proud of you and very grateful for every minute you and your sister spent with him in his last days.  Even in death, his love will never leave you.  I encourage you to stay open to feel and spiritually 'hear' his presence around you.

I hope knowing you did everything you could will soon give you solace and peace.  God bless you and yours in this sorrowful time.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry, my heart breaks for you as I know how you feel. I lost my daddy when he was 57, I still miss him so. Sending you (((HUGS))) and prayers. May you and your family be blessed. 

Occasional Contributor

I'm so very sorry for your loss. 

Frequent Contributor

You and your sister are wonderful daughters to fight for him so hard. I am sure he would be so proud. My blessing for you as you go forward but the reassurance of his love for you.