Honored Contributor

My father passed away this morning

and I am broken-hearted. He broke his back in early June. Hospital, rehab center, two days back at assisted living, then back in the hospital.  He went to hospice yesterday afternoon late and passed away this morning. 

Somewhere along the way, with all those stays, the wheels just came off and he started failing and quickly. My sister and I tried everything we could to get him well and it just was his time.   My sister and I have never worked that hard at anything in our lives.  It was just shocking to see him fail so quickly. 

We met with the funeral home this afternoon. It's so weird. It feels like he's been gone for days and it hasn't even been 12 hours. When I got home from the funeral home, I was so cold, from grief and exhaustion. I put on leggings, winter socks, nightgown and a cardigan. I just couldn't get warm.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: My father passed away this morning

Oh my God Gidget, I am so sorry to read this. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

My sympathies to you and your family. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh I'm so sorry for your loss... and losing your father is a HUGE loss.  **HUGS**

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Trusted Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss.  I remember you mentioning in another thread that your father wasn't doing well and I was wondering how all of you were.  Again, I am so sorry to hear this.  You and your family are in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

oh gosh. how tragic. you must be in shock.  so  i am sure you need some rest after the weeks of stress and upset you have had.  please try to get a good night's sleep.  only time will help revive and restore  you -  but a little rest will certainly help you get through the days ahead.   sincere condolences.

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh

I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing. I wish you strength to get through the next few days.

Take care of yourself.

Esteemed Contributor

Gidget, please accept my condolences for the loss of your father. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Regular Contributor

Gidget, please accept my sympathy on the loss of your dear father.  Mine has been gone since 1968 and I still miss him every day.  I hope you find comfort in your memories of him. Marmot

Respected Contributor

I am  so very, very sorry to read this.  Gidget, I have sent up a prayer for you and all who loved your father.  May you be wrapped in a blanket of  lovely memories in the days ahead.

Linda Heart