Respected Contributor

I love my early morning walks with Story and Sedona.  Walked out my door and was greeted by a wave by one of the bike riders on my road.  We encountered lots of little bunnies running around, woodpeckers loudly pecking away in the woods around us, and four deer grazing in a field.  It is so quiet this morning, everyone and their animals are still in their homes.  It was about 55 degrees out, nice and cool, and the dogs took their time sniffing all the way down and back, love to see their long noses together checking things out.  It can't get much better.  I think we need to appreciate and notice the little things in life.

Honored Contributor

Re: My early morning encounters

[ Edited ]

It really is just so soothing to our soul, to see and hear nature.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

It really is just so soothing to our soul, to see and hear nature.

I agree. One of the things we love about coming up to our camp in Pa in the summers is we see a lot more of nature here than we do at our Florida home where we are right in  town. All we observe there are birds and alligators.

Honored Contributor

I try to walk every morning for about an hour with my Golden.  She gets so excited when I start to put on my "walking clothes"( she knows what they are!)... off we go with her tail wagging!

She just loves all the smells and the squirrels and nature. I do not know if I do it more for my health or for her health... I think dogs by nature love to roam as their ancestors walked and roamed.. it is part of a dogs makeup to explore.   I always feel sorry for these dogs I see always inside barking at us as we walk by.. or in back yards.. never to really get to get out and move and smell life.  

Respected Contributor

Image result for thank god I'm a country girlImage result for thank god I'm a country girl

Respected Contributor

That sounds beautiful @hoosieroriginal.  I love our early morning walks too, before the city wakes up and things get frenetic.  Even here, there is much nature to be enjoyed.  I love the sound of birds chirping.  I especially love trees, which I think are taken for granted by so many people.  They are particularly magnificent to look at from a high-rise window -- the way the billowy green tops sway in unison in the wind, their leaves fluttering in a dance, the trunks standing tall and majestic.

A couple of days ago, I heard a story on the news about a 600-year-old white oak tree in Basking Ridge, NJ, that is now in failing health.  Can you just imagine what that tree has lived through?

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I try to walk every morning for about an hour with my Golden.  She gets so excited when I start to put on my "walking clothes"( she knows what they are!)... off we go with her tail wagging!

She just loves all the smells and the squirrels and nature. I do not know if I do it more for my health or for her health... I think dogs by nature love to roam as their ancestors walked and roamed.. it is part of a dogs makeup to explore.   I always feel sorry for these dogs I see always inside barking at us as we walk by.. or in back yards.. never to really get to get out and move and smell life.  

@SeaMaiden - I totally agree with you - and I feel sorry for dogs I see tied up in the yard, never getting to explore the world.  It's good for us and it's good for the dogs.  They live a much longer, healthier life. 

Respected Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

That sounds beautiful @hoosieroriginal.  I love our early morning walks too, before the city wakes up and things get frenetic.  Even here, there is much nature to be enjoyed.  I love the sound of birds chirping.  I especially love trees, which I think are taken for granted by so many people.  They are particularly magnificent to look at from a high-rise window -- the way the billowy green tops sway in unison in the wind, their leaves fluttering in a dance, the trunks standing tall and majestic.

A couple of days ago, I heard a story on the news about a 600-year-old white oak tree in Basking Ridge, NJ, that is now in failing health.  Can you just imagine what that tree has lived through?

@SaRina - I agree - I think if you look you will find the beauty of nature everywhere! 

Respected Contributor

I've thought of taking a walk early in the morning (before 7 am), but I'm afraid that it's too much like being out after dark walking around.  I just don't feel safe.  Maybe I'll try it because the air is cool even when the day will be hot.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I've thought of taking a walk early in the morning (before 7 am), but I'm afraid that it's too much like being out after dark walking around.  I just don't feel safe.  Maybe I'll try it because the air is cool even when the day will be hot.

@Ms X  It is nice to have a dog with you... I feel safer even if my dog is a kisser and not a fighter... I also have a can of spray deterrent on my belt with me... you could get some of that on Amazon and know that  you could spray anyone or thing in the face with it... just feel safer.

It is sad that we as women have to feel unsafe in our world, but that is just the way it is... I hope you can get the spray and start walking. It is such a wonderful thing to do for yourself... think about adopting a little friend from the shelter?