Honored Contributor

My apologies - again ;)

[ Edited ]

Just had a little visit from the local police - nice dudes, BTW.  8)

And the lead guy gave me a business card & said to call / email anytime about anything if I wish.

I'm 'in'!  LOL

Reassured them that I'm OK (the Q contacted 'em via my caring 'siblings' here), that I'm just fine, and now I'm trying to reassure you guys.

I'm so sorry if I accidentally used words or phrases that alarmed any of you.

I've been at taming the latest sheet since last Sat., and then there was some of the extra sheet from my locked thread started this past Sun. (hey, my threads never get locked or poofed! can't blame the mods, though), and then there's been very little sleep & noshing due to my almost non-stop action of the last several days.

Plus I'm on the rag, so hormones & all.  ;-)

Please please know that I have the utmost respect for life & living, and would never ever internationally do harm to myself.

I don't have it in me.

I know that other posters have been recipients of these unexpected cop chats, and have always felt bad because in cyberspace, even with emoticons/etc, there's simply no way to hear a poster's tone or see the expression on their face.

But yes, it's better to make sure someone's truly OK, than not.

I also empathize with worrying about others because I'm a natural 'wart.

So I've consciously tried to be extra careful as to what I say here, and online in general.

At any rate, I'm still hanging in there - I've been told for decades that I'm a "survivor" - so I guess that this too shall pass.

I hope that all of you natural worriers also try to keep that in mind, especially when you're at your most-challenged.

BTW, just when I think that humanity towards any living being seems to be gone, it's those crowdsourcing and other positive stories of coming together and helping that pop up that always restore my faith in humanKIND.

So I pray that it does for you as well, and if it doesn't, keep looking for any & all positivity that does.  

It's out there, but sometimes just not as obvious as all the bad & sad news we hear.

Big bone-crushing bear hugs and extra-caring wishes to you all, and I'll be around; just not on anything related to that stupid thread I started.  

Being a born introvert, I hate being any kind of focus of attention in the cyberworld or real life, so I think you other non-atttention cravers know how that feels.  ;-)

'Til later, everyone...  8)

Honored Contributor

score one for the mods!!!!!

it was nice of them to take everyones concern to the next level. keep that business card!

@feline groovy take care of yourself and try to look into ANYTHING mentioned that may help.....it definitely cannot hurt. in the meantime, best wishes for you and sending you positive thoughts and energy as you move forward with your life.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

What is the sam hill?!

Honored Contributor

Re: My apologies again ;)

[ Edited ]

Wait, let me see if I understand all this correctly. Forum friends here were worried about you and got QVC to contact your local police to do a wellness check. Is that correct? Is so, first, I'm glad you're well and thanks for checking in. Second, I am SO absolutely impressed by the forum friends and QVC for taking action. 

I have had 7 friends and family members who have attempted or committed suicide and it is.... well, there are no words.

So from the bottom of my heart, I want to say thank you to both the forum members who reported their concern and to QVC who took it seriously and called for a wellness check. Actions like that save lives and I can't even begin to tell you how much that means to me.

I've been a member of a lot of forum communities over the years and I've never been more proud of any of them.

Honored Contributor

I missed what happened but always good to hear posters care about one another and that you are fine. TY Q mods as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised, but I hope all is well with you.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Wait, let me see if I understand all this correctly. Forum friends here were worried about you and got QVC to contact your local police to do a wellness check. Is that correct? Is so, first, I'm glad you're well and thanks for checking in. Second, I am SO absolutely impressed by the forum friends and QVC for taking action. 

I have had 7 friends and family members who have attempted or committed suicide and it is.... well, there are no words.

So from the bottom of my heart, I want to say thank you to both the forum members who reported their concern and to QVC who took it seriously and called for a wellness check. Actions like that save lives and I can't even begin to tell you how much that means to me.

I've been a member of a lot of forum communities over the years and I've never been more proud of any of them.

Yes, & thanks for your good wishes. 

Supremely-decent people, huh?

I agree; words seem futile.

But please accept my deepest sympathies re: your losses & their struggles, & I hope that everyone connected to them isn't suffering so much anymore.

Honored Contributor

"Just so you know", I'm currently having a luvgasm from all the groovy vibes & energy out there.

Trusted Contributor

Tears in my heart and on my cheeks @feline groovy.  Not sure if they are happy or sad ones.  Probably both.

I'm relieved you are not angry or upset with us and happy you had a nice experience with some good cops.  Many mahalos for writing to let us know. I'm rooting for you big time.  

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

I don't know what happened but I hope you're ok. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval