Trusted Contributor

The package info shows it was delivered in/outside my mailbox on May 14.   It sure wasn't in my mailbox.  I hate to think someone in my apt. building stole it but it's possible.  I just called USPS and talked to a nice lady who gave me a case number for this problem.   She said USPS will contact the mail carrier who supposedly delivered my package and that I would hear from USPS soon.   Has anyone else had their package, though showing delivered, wound up being lost and never delivered to them? It was a beautiful bracelet and cost me a lot. 

Thanks for any replies.

Honored Contributor

yes my daughter was expecting something (not valuable) that showed delivered to her that never showed up. 

Who knows where it is, if stolen the thief will be surprised by a set of Tefillin

QVC Customer Care

I'm so sorry that happened to you @newjersey. If USPS can not locate you package please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we will be happy to help.

Respected Contributor

Re: My USPS package is lost

[ Edited ]

I recentlyl had a package "delivered" but it was not in my mailbox.  Years ago I asked QVC to only ship to me through UPS.  Problems exist everywhere and we live in a "nice" neighborhood, but with a few really rotten teenagers. We have had golf carts run into the lake, items stolen from cars.  I've had a couple of things taken from the doorstep and found later in the woods, opened and destroyed.    

A couple of weeks ago, a package that was supposed to be in the mailbox never was - at least for me to find.  QVC was very gracious and replaced it at once, but the problem still exists. Also when using USPS, there are at least two extra days in delivery, thanks to PO routing around here.  I also purchased a skirt, which was crammed into the mailbox and wrinkled past the point of no return. So I returned it. I won't be ordering anything from QVC in the future that could possibly be put into a mailbox. They may be getting a deal from the USPO, but they are losing sales to me.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't order it from qvc, Alice.  Thank you for inquiring.   I guess I should have mentioned it wasn't from QVC.   

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for answering my post, Perkup.  

Honored Contributor

@newjersey

I deal with UPS and USPS a LOT with my work.

I'm a  little confused.

You should not be the one having to initiate the trace really.

The SHIPPER should. 

Did you order from a company?  Ebay?  An individual?

Did you notify them the item was NOT received?  They should be conducting a search and trace.

Should the item never appear, they should credit you in full.  The shipper is the only one that can go after the Post Office for the loss and reimbursement.

The shipper is responsible to insure it for actual value.  At a minimum, there is $50 loss insurance.  However, as I said...you can't claim that.  The shipper has to.

If you haven't already, contact them immediately.

If you used a credit card for the purchase, contact them also and have them notate your account that the purchase has never been received and is lost in delivery.

You always then have the recourse to dispute it with your card company.

I sure hope you didn't use a debit card!

If you paid by check, you can always stop payment.

Don't be surprised is USPS gets back to you and says it WAS delivered and there is nothing they can do. 

Good luck!  I hope this all works out for you!

Honored Contributor

I wonder if the person who received them had a clue what they are

jackthebear wrote:

yes my daughter was expecting something (not valuable) that showed delivered to her that never showed up. 

Who knows where it is, if stolen the thief will be surprised by a set of Tefillin

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Hubby and I were away for a week.  Online at USPS I requested a mail hold for one week.  It was confirmed to me via email.  The day after we arrived home, our neighbor came over with all (hopefully) our mail.  There were 2 packages and tons of mail and flyers.  He said it was blowing all over our lawn.  Hubby called USPS the next day and they said they had no record of it being held.  Our mailman (woman, actually) said to never do a mail hold online.  CALL your PO and get the name of the person you spoke with.  Also, we can let her know and she'll give us a card to fill out and she would make sure it got handled properly.  (Nice mail lady, huh?  Unfortunately, she was on vacation the week we were gone.)   I've done mail holds online before and it worked OK... although usually one day's mail was delivered by accident.  No more!  I will call AND get a card from our mail lady!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife, several years ago my husband UPS'd a very expensive computer part, he did everything that was required. So he flies to Zurich a few days after & lo and behold UPS got hold of him that his part had been crushed and dropped the whole thing in his lap & him in Zurich.  It was a huge mess- UPS TRIED to blame him & the packaging which was done at the UPS store by a UPS employee .. needless to say it was resolved & UPS was to blame- duh!  LOL  He was fit to be tied- and in Switzerland!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee