Trusted Contributor

Re: My Thoughts Are With Sen. McCain and His Family

Didnt Jimmy Carter have brain cancer also?  and he is doing well for his age.... this can give us all hope.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bless Senator McCain.  I am shocked.  Was this just announced?

What a strong individual this man is.  As many of you know, he could have been released at a certain point after he was held as a POW in Vietnam, but he was and remained a true leader: he would not leave his men behind.

Honored Contributor

Oh no, I am so, so sorry to hear this.  Good thoughts and prayers for him and his family and for strength that he has always shown even in the darkest of days.  I wish nothing but the very best for him and as always thank him for his honor and courage in service to our nation.  Wow, to be honest this is very upsetting to me as he has always been my hero.

Honored Contributor

What a shame.  I hadn't heard the news.  I wonder if that diagnosis is related to the melanoma.    He's obviously a fighter.  

Honored Contributor

Oh, no.  Such sad news.  

True about Carter, I hope the two of them do well handling this terrible illness.

Trusted Contributor

I admire his military and public service and pray that he is given the respect he deserves as he faces this battle.  Like many of you, my prayers are for Senator Mccain and his family to draw closer and find comfort and strength.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh wow. I have not heard this. I haven't read or watched the news in several days. 

I really admire this man so much. No matter where you stand politically I don't know how you could not. He has been through so much in his life and not only made it through but did so in such an admirable way. I don't know many people who could go through the torture he did, be given an opportunity to leave and refuse as to not leave those with him. Wow.

Anyway, I don't know what type of brain cancer he was diagnosed with or what the prognosis is but I wish him and his family the very best. He most certainly is a brave patriot. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Oh no, that really makes me sad. Like I said before, I have the utmost respect and admiration for what he endured as a POW. And for his service to our country.

@Greeneyedlady21, I can't imagine there is anyone in this country who would disagree with this.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

He has been diagnosed with glioblastoma. A very aggressive tumor. Life expectancy is limited.

I share almost no political agreement with him but admire his military service and his service to the country.

Honored Contributor

McCain’s daughter, Meghan McCain, issued a statement on Twitter: