Honored Contributor

Re: My Neighbor Thinks I'm Strange

I love it and anything that helps keep someone from just dropping by is good in my book.  In fact I think you should mess with her head a bit more and get some little pet hats and set up a tiny tea party for you and the cats.  She would run screaming to the Realtor's office for a for sale sign.  HA! HA!

If you enjoy reading to them then do it and do it often with the voices of the characters too. Woman Wink

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Well, yes i find it strange you read to them,but god bless you for feeding them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I love that you do that. We have two ferals that we feed and tend to. They are not house friendly so they stay outside. We have three indoor kitties and they wait for the ferals to come eat and let us know when to put the food out.

I talk to mine all the time. Even discussed the debat* with them the other night.

Several towns around us have a summer program where elementary school children go to the animal shelters and read the the animals. It enriches both. I think it is lovely.

Honored Contributor

I love the visual. Cat Happy

If your neighbor has a problem with it, that's his problem.

Happy Reading!

Honored Contributor

Image result for photos of kitten tea party

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Being different and unique is the goal of every human.  Congratulations on reaching it and I sincerely mean that!  Heart  

Never ever care what other people think of you.  Trust me, they have better things they need to be doing and you can tell them I said that.

And if you absolutely feel you need a cover story, then I offer that you are an actress practicing for your breathtaking remake of 1001 Dalmations now being remade with Cats.  Morgan Freeman is even doing the movie trailer voiceover and everything. Smiley Very Happy    

ITA!

One of the absolute best compliments I have ever gotten was when I on a vacay years ago at a ranch and at the family dinner table a little girl I was sitting next to turned to me with a big smile and said, "You're Different".

I will never forget it.

Honored Contributor

@GATORGIRL wrote:

Reading aloud can be empowering . . .

cat kitten kitty reading sun tzu

cat light follow reading newspaper

OMG, I love these!!!

Thanks for the laugh, Gatorgirl!!!!

Honored Contributor

Do they like the story about the 3 Little Kittens who soiled their mittens? That's a cute one!

Respected Contributor

Animals are also good for telling secrets to.  They will never tell.

Image result for talk to the animals

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I have never cared what others think of me. I care only what I think of myself. I posted this because I thought her reaction amusing. 

I'd do it some more just to get on her last nerve.

I have 8 ferals.  I don't read to them, but I do reprimand them once in a while.  My neighbors probably hear me and that's ok.  I like quirky.