Respected Contributor
I am sitting here at the desk office and the person next to me is texting loudly. Very annoying lol!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

I hate when people do not turn their volume down when texting.  JMO It is like  the person is so  self absorbed and can't be bothered. That is what loud texting reminds me of. Its as bad as people talking loudly on their phones in a store oblivious to other customers or that they are in the way and wont move.  Maybe the kid had a hearing issue and that sound was triggering it. Certain noises go through people like nails on a chalkboard.

I agree @AngusandBuddhasMom

Especially in a doctor's office, a lot of people are on edge to begin with.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

You can turn off the keyboard sounds.   It can be annoying to listen to sometimes 

Turning off the keyboard clicks/sounds is one of the first things I do with a new device. Those sounds drive me crazy.

Honored Contributor

I've been to a waiting room using one of those white noise machines.    More doctors should use them.   It' really makes a difference.   I don't know what it is about a waiting room but you can practically hear people's heartbeat, it's so quiet and any little sound can be so disturbing.    Certain sounds are very unpleasant to my ear, maybe he's the same way for whatever reason.    

Lesson to all of us.

@pattypeep wrote:

While I was waiting for my eye Dr. appointment this morning, I was texting my son about this upcoming weekend. There was a young man sitting about four chairs over. I use a stylist with a rubber tip because of my nails. Anyway, pretty soon the young man says "could you please turn your volume down"? I looked up, surprised, and said "what volume"? He says on your phone. I'm sure I gave him a look that said "seriously"??? I told him that I was almost done and then to placate him I asked how I turn the volume down. He then apologized for complaining. I said no problem, but my head was thinking "what ??!!" I told my Dr. about it when I went in for my appointment and he said "are you serious?" I think I would have chewed off my right arm before I asked someone to quiet down their keyboard.

Respected Contributor

So does your keyboard make a clicking or some sound every time you hit a key? Or was it the rubber of the stylus hitting the screen? Bc when people have the clicking noise on for when they are entering text, it's everything I can do to not take their phone away and put it on silent. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I had a friend that used to have hers on, and I would nicely ask her to turn it off if she was texting around me. There's something about that sound that's absolutely grating. If it was just the stylus, maybe you were just tapping it hard? I can't see that making much sounds, but I'm sure it depends on the screen/model. 

Honored Contributor

I have always turned keyboard volume on my phone and tablets off.  People can be funny, it was strange request but it wouldn't have bothered me at all.  I just would have said,  "I won't be here long but there are empty seats over there".  I certainly would have felt the need to placated the guy...I wouldn't have cared that much.

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Cell phones can be very annoying in waiting rooms and small offices.  I don't want to hear clicking, dinging, or someone else's conversation.  It is very distracting, people need to be considerate of others around them.

It works both ways.  People are bothered by sounds should also sit as far away from other human beings as they can. 

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

You can turn off the keyboard sounds.   It can be annoying to listen to sometimes 

Turning off the keyboard clicks/sounds is one of the first things I do with a new device. Those sounds drive me crazy.

Double dittoes.

Everyone at work turns off their chimes when in the office. Otherwise we'd go nuts!

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@cherry Thank you for your kind words. No, I didn't do anything on purpose. It's not in my nature to annoy people.

You didn't do anything wrong and you should not feel that you have make any changes in something so innocuous.  The young man had the problem and finding a solution was HIS responsibility...not yours.  You were not playing a trombone or playing a drum.  He seemed to understand that so don't let people here let you think that you are responsible for the entire world.

Respected Contributor

During a meeting at work an employee was texting and the clickety clack interrupted it.It made her look like a stupid person though she is bright who just didn't know how to use her phone's settings. Others who texted and had theirs on silent had no issue with anyone. When I was taking a class same thing someone was making noise from texting and it was disruptive.