Frequent Contributor

My EvineLive Negative Review

So, I bought some fancy chocolate candies on EvineLive and they turned out to be not anything I would call "premier" chocolates. I decided I would just return them and get some of my $50.00 back. Well, they don't offer a return label, so I took the package into my post office and was told it would be $19.45 to return the cheapest way. I was not happy and just took the package home. I then posted a review on the product to let them know how unhappy I was with the whole experience. I get an e-mail from them today telling me that they "reviewed" my review, and they chose not to allow it to be posted. Now, in my opinion, that's what the whole review process is for - the good and the bad. Guess they only want the good, huh?  

Respected Contributor

Re: My EvineLive Negative Review

Wow.

It's too bad. I've heard that the Q has done the same thing. Which kind of defeats the purpose.

Was it Waggoner Chocolates?  if they were anything like Harry London chocolates, then it's better to know. Was never a fan of Harry London brand; would rather have Russell Stover or Whitman.

BTW: See's Chocolates are some of the best that I have ever eaten.

My ex's familly owned a chocolate factory. They made great chocolass. They forced outof business by a fire. It was too expensive to retool. A real shame.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My birthday is coming up.  Today I received an email stating,

WE'RE CELEBRATING YOU!

Happy birthday from your friends at EVINE Live.

Treat yourself to something special - you deserve it!

There was no discount code....nothing!

HSN sent a 15% code.

Frequent Contributor

JavaQueen -- yes, they are Waggoner Chocolates. I agree that Russell Stover is better ( and cheaper, too). I've only had See's once years ago when I made a trip to San Francisco and they were fabulous! 

Honored Contributor

@lucieintheskyYour experience is pretty much why I think most reviews are a  waste of time t read and I've never done more than hit a star maybe to "write" a review.

As for why Evine wouldn't publish yours?  Did you tell your whole bad story including the part about the cost of mailing the chicolates back?  If so, that doesn't review the chocolates and could be why they tossed you out.

BTW -  I'm not surprised the candy wasn't great -  I love chocolate, but increasingly don't like the chocolate we are offered by most companies. 

Trusted Contributor

well, first of all, Evine, just like QVC refunds on products you don't like. You don't have to send back food, they will refund you less the shipping cost. Second that is probably why you didn't get a return label in the box. QVC does not take back unused food either. they just tell you to toss it.

And third, why did you come to this forum to post this? If Evine did not post your review they had a reason such as you mentioned another brand or something like that.

I think you must have some other reason to post thos on QVC's forums. Most of which is not true.  Everyone knows you don't "just return" food items. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

I can understand how you feel and, btw, I don't think you are a liar so hopefully you can just ignore that bit of ugliness.

Anyway, I had received a different food item and, while I didn't try to return it, I DID write up a 100% factual, descriptive, review that include information on the extremely poor packaging that made it impossible to gift the item  and barely possible to even use it myself because it was almost destroyed and NOT due to shipping errors but due to the fact that it was not properly packaged.  These were a pair of small bundt cakes that were just stuffed into a plastic bag with a twist tie and shipped in soft packaging.  No tin or even packing that would allow them to have any possibility of arriving intact.   

This was very important information that other potential buyers would need to know.  I know I would have loved to have known this going in!

Anyway, I got the same response - that they would not be posting my review.  That was the day I quit Evine.

I guess the lesson here is - live and learn.  Sorry you were out that much money.  I was not out quite that much but, for me, it was more the principle of the whole thing that made me discontinue doing business with them.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

I can understand how you feel and, btw, I don't think you are a liar so hopefully you can just ignore that bit of ugliness.

Anyway, I had received a different food item and, while I didn't try to return it, I DID write up a 100% factual, descriptive, review that include information on the extremely poor packaging that made it impossible to gift the item  and barely possible to even use it myself because it was almost destroyed and NOT due to shipping errors but due to the fact that it was not properly packaged.  These were a pair of small bundt cakes that were just stuffed into a plastic bag with a twist tie and shipped in soft packaging.  No tin or even packing that would allow them to have any possibility of arriving intact.   

This was very important information that other potential buyers would need to know.  I know I would have loved to have known this going in!

Anyway, I got the same response - that they would not be posting my review.  That was the day I quit Evine.

I guess the lesson here is - live and learn.  Sorry you were out that much money.  I was not out quite that much but, for me, it was more the principle of the whole thing that made me discontinue doing business with them.

Ugliness? Because as you know everyone is totally honest and squeaky clean when posting anonymously on forums. sure thing.  YOU DON'T RETURN FOOD THROUGH THE MAIL. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Trusted Contributor

Just like QVC, the issue has nothing to do with whether the review iss favorable or not. 

There are guidelines which must be followed.  If you do not follow the guidelines, the review will not be posted. 

It really is as simple as that.

Honored Contributor

@lucieinthesky Just call evine and tell them you didn't like the chocolates.  They'll refund your money without you returning them.  You aren't allowed to return food through the mail.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau