Respected Contributor

Re: My Daughter Said it was 80 degrees today in Denver!

It was in the 40s a few days ago and today we hit 78 in NC.

Respected Contributor

we got snow Thursday, we got a dusting last nite and now we are getting more snow mix starting late tomorrow into all day Monday.   EVERYTHING shuts down!  its nuts. these people around here need to take lessons from ski country (NH VT Maine) they get FEET of snow and handle it

Respected Contributor

88 degrees today in Big D.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Didn't Massachusetts just this week get something like 10 inches of snow?

We got snow here but it didn't last.  I think California has been getting lots and lots of rain he last few weeks.

It wasn't all that long ago that they were in a draught...crazy, crazy weather.

@Annabellethecat66 Got 10 inches in NJ/NY.

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

It's 90 today and we're predicted to get 4 inches of snow on Tuesday. 

May I ask where you live?  90 in snow country has got to be close to a record.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ Yes!  I remember hearing that.  We are lucky here in this part of Va but it makes it difficult to predict anything because 'the line goes this way and that....that's what we hear anyway.

A lot of people don't understand like when some of our schools close and others so close to DC (i.e. Fairfax, Arlington) don't it's because here further down we have mountains and a lot of two lane roads.  It's still very, very much country here.

People move here from 'the city' (Fairfax, etc) and they start zipping down these roads and go off of the road all of the time.  No real 'shoulders' around here.  You go off of the road and you're really off of the road.  Ha!

They come down this way and then they start asking for highways, etc.  We like our two lane roads and the country feeling.  It drives us crazy.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ Yes!  I remember hearing that.  We are lucky here in this part of Va but it makes it difficult to predict anything because 'the line goes this way and that....that's what we hear anyway.

A lot of people don't understand like when some of our schools close and others so close to DC (i.e. Fairfax, Arlington) don't it's because here further down we have mountains and a lot of two lane roads.  It's still very, very much country here.

People move here from 'the city' (Fairfax, etc) and they start zipping down these roads and go off of the road all of the time.  No real 'shoulders' around here.  You go off of the road and you're really off of the road.  Ha!

They come down this way and then they start asking for highways, etc.  We like our two lane roads and the country feeling.  It drives us crazy.

@Annabellethecat66. It is like that here. Country roads, slipping and sliding and then the highways. I enjoy the snow. I love four seasons. I need the change. Happy to live here. We are both retired and not going anywhere!

Honored Contributor

It was 48 degrees today which seems balmy. No rain,  and sun! A really nice day!

Honored Contributor

We got all the way up to 19 today...