Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee.  Sorry for laughing but I can just picture Jerry sitting with you watching TV.   I would move fast also.  I am not afraid of them but that is the last place I would expect to see one.  My unexpected scream probably would have scared him to death.  Once I calmed down out would come the trap and peanut butter.  Two of many items all country homes have.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@MacDUFF  My dog almost never barks, so I've been wondering what she'd do if she saw it in the middle of the night.  I know she would chase it.  I'm calling first thing in the morning.  I don't have any traps or anything, because I never see them.

@NickNack

So, what are you going to do if you wake up and your adorable little dog (I'm assuming that's her in your avatar) is chasing it?!?  Maybe there's an all-night exterminator in the Yellow Pages?  

"Can't sleep because your pet is chasing mice?  Call Guido's Pesky Pest Control.  We work when your dog doesn't.  Electrocution extra."

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Quick thinking @jlkz

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@MacDUFF  My dog almost never barks, so I've been wondering what she'd do if she saw it in the middle of the night.  I know she would chase it.  I'm calling first thing in the morning.  I don't have any traps or anything, because I never see them.

@NickNack

So, what are you going to do if you wake up and your adorable little dog (I'm assuming that's her in your avatar) is chasing it?!?  Maybe there's an all-night exterminator in the Yellow Pages?  

"Can't sleep because your pet is chasing mice?  Call Guido's Pesky Pest Control.  We work when your dog doesn't.  Electrocution extra."

@MacDUFF  I think I'll let Frankie sleep in my bed tonight.  I don't sleep that well, so she usually doesn't sleep with me.  She won't see it and won't jump off my bed hopefully.  Yes, that's her in my avatar.Smiley Happy

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I believe it's around $180 to call someone and they'll make sure they sell you a whole lot more. 

Buy some glue traps and put about a teaspoon of peanut butter in the middle.  I would buy the rat glue traps though, they are much larger and guaranteed to keep that mouse on the glue, the smaller one's don't work well because the mouse pulls itself from the trap.

It's getting cold outside so all these rodents are trying to find a warm place to stay. 

I don't like the poison box because of the dog and not the snap traps because of the dog and they are messy to dispose of....the larger glue traps get pushed into a plastic bag and they are easy to dispose of....good luck.

Honored Contributor

I think glue traps are terribly cruel and inhumane, resulting in a lingering painful death.  I buy old fashion mouse traps and throw them away with the dead mouse.  Several years ago, I had a mouse fall into a tall, empty wastebasket.  He was cute.  I took the whole thing outside and turned the mouse loose in some vines.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack

I applaud you for being calm, cool, and collected.  As for me, I believe that there is a time for everything under heaven...a time to be born, a time to reap, a time to sow, a time to run screaming hysterically to the nearest hotel!  Woman Wink

Frankie is a cutie!

Let us know how it goes...and thanks for being a good sport...it was all (well, mostly LOL) in fun.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for you! I understand exactly how you feel! I discovered my mice one evening after dinner. My dh wasn't home and I was afraid the mice would come up to my bedroom! You know, if there is one, there is usually two! They put packets of poisin that makes them thirsty so they go outside for water and die. They put them where your pets can't get into them!

My dd and sil didn't know they had mice u til one night my dd walked into her dark kitchen and when she turned on the light she saw seven scurry behind the stove! She packed up her dd and they came to my house! It turns out the vent to their dryer had come away from the hole in the wall and sil never fixed it! They got eight in traps in a few days! Yikes! I'd be in the hospital for months if that ever happened to me!  Good luck! It's just that time of year!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I can deal with just about anything Except mice and rats.....uggg!   I know how you feel!

Ditto! Include bats, too, tho!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

You ladies are plain irrational and silly.  I can't believe you're scared of a tiny mouse.  Why, are you afraid it's going to attack You?  All 2 ounces of It?  Get a grip.

That's not what bothers me. It's the disease they carry, they poop everywhere and unless you have tons of time to constantly search for droppings you might inadvertently eat with utensils and dishes they've been playing (and pooping) on!