Honored Contributor

Re: Mother Of Columbine Killer Breaks Silence

How did the boys get the guns?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

goldensrbest wrote:

How did the boys get the guns?

There was a girl, another high school student there, who acquired the guns for them.  

Honored Contributor

All these questions being asked were answered by watching the show.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

The interview was very well done.  My heart breaks for the mother.  I can't imagine living with knowing a child of mine did that.   The parents were victims too.

Respected Contributor

i felt the show was done in a very responsible way and diane sawyer did a great job.  my sympathies go out to sue for she has suffered tremendously these past years.  sympathies obviouslly to the victims of the shootings go without being said. 

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I could not watch.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I could not watch.

@goldensrbest, if you are interested in watching the video is available now if your service provider is listed or it will be available to all next week.  IMO watching would be time well spent.

http://abc.go.com/shows/2020/listing/2016-02/12-021216-silence-broken-a-mothers-reckoning

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regarding the posts about schools not having security and metal detectors.....from personal knowledge, I know that schools in the Chicagoland area do have them.  I think they do in most states.  

The problem, IMO, is that the detectors are randomly used due to the length of time it takes to scan the whole student body.  That's time away from reading or whatever the teacher's lesson plan had scheduled.  

After students are welcomed each morning, no one else is allowed in without being buzzed in.  Each school has a monitor screen in the office and at the security desk that faces the main entry door to look at and can talk to any visitor before letting them in.  This was put in place after school shootings started.  Also, random locker searches are done.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I could not watch.

@goldensrbest, if you are interested in watching the video is available now if your service provider is listed or it will be available to all next week.  IMO watching would be time well spent.

http://abc.go.com/shows/2020/listing/2016-02/12-021216-silence-broken-a-mothers-reckoning

Thankyou, i actually watched this yesterday.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I could not watch.

Thankyou, i actually watched this yesterday.

Yes, thank you for that Marp.  I was going to ask ID2 if she/he recorded it for me.Woman Very Happy