Honored Contributor

Re: Moroccan Tree Goats Eating Argan Fruit

@dancingwoman wrote:

Lol I used to raise Nubians and Alpine goats and milk them and made cheese...thats before I was vegan...

And yes...goats can climb and jump and get up on things...even our new truck hood...yeah...DH wasn't amused...

We had a volley ball net set up in our yard and I used to hit the ball across the net and the goats used to hit it back over the net with their heads...needless to say ....a few cars slowed down and stopped to watch..

I loved them....DW

Oh my goodness @dancingwoman this made me laugh!  I have watched endless shows on Animal Planet featuring goats and I just love them.  Doesn't matter what size they are, they are just goats and hear me roar! . . . Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama goats are so sweet and mischievous...The babies are the most precious things...warm and love to snuggle.....DW

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Kachina624

AARRRRRRGON OIL, rofl

Oh @Bird mama that first thing I thought of was poor Josie Maran as they are literally eating her profits . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

If you think about it though, taking their food is undermining the ecosystem they depend on.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

That was when I was young and living the Mother Earth thing...They are alot of work as is any animal that needs constant care and cleaning up after and love...DW

Honored Contributor

I'd rather be wrinkly and see these goats in the trees in person (wink).

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman

I post with a lady in the fashion forum who has the land to accommodate goats.  She's lost two this year and it's been hard on the family.  The most recent goat passed at age 15 I think.

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman wrote:

That was when I was young and living the Mother Earth thing...They are alot of work as is any animal that needs constant care and cleaning up after and love...DW

@dancingwoman thank you for this as watching snippets about how cute they can be is completely different from taking care of and more importantly minding them full time.  They clearly are a handful as they remind me of Tigger with hooves and I would probably have a problem finding one of them on the roof of my car but again they sure are cute for small snippets of time.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama That is so sad...We are trying to sell two houses in Colorado and want to move to Maine ....there I will have my goat babies again...now that we are retired and can spend time with them...I spent alot of time this year at our county fair...just watching them...

One year I entered the fair and won a blue ribbon with my Nubian named Spring...DW

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dancingwoman

cat, dog, goat, bird, you get attached.  heck, if an animal lives with me for a week or two I get attached (doesn't take much).

I rehabbed a pigeon that was attacked by a hawk 3 times.  I bore witness to 2 of the attacks myself.  

I had that pigeon with me for little over a month.  It took time for wounds to heal and lots of feathers to come back in.  I released it back into the wild around Mother's Day and cried like a baby.

Part of it was tears of joy to return Rocky to his 'people' (the other pigeons).  Part of it was tears of sadness - I fell in love with that little pigeon.