Honored Contributor

Re: More Storms Lined Up In California

@Moonchilde wrote:

@september wrote:

I'm in a flood warning zone.  It's supposed to peak between 8 and 10 this evening.  And it just keeps raining, raining, raining.....

Just read the CV is under evacuation.

Yes, it is!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TV channels are running an emergency red crawl:  There is a serious flash flood warning for central Alameda County.  Stay off the roads if possible.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Be safe everyone Heart

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

We're keeping our fingers crossed that we might get power back at the house "some time" tomorrow. The house has been without power since 6 am Friday. We haven't been home except to take care of kitty since Saturday noon.

Today is my third day in a motel. If we don't have power back tomorrow I will go to friends' house.  And I'm having a "surprise" medical issue that's making all this very stressful.

Moonchilde...So sorry you lost your power for so many days.  Where in CA do you live?  Will you be able to be reimbursed for the cost of having to stay in a motel?  As for the "surprise" medical issue I hope it is nothing serious.  Stay safe and wishing you good luck with the issues you are experiencing.

Thank you, @Lindsays Grandma. I live on the Central Coast in an area rural enough that all the power lines are down (3600 still without power), and add to that high winds, many many trees down, and mud slides. Our biggest problem has been keeping roads open (at one point 3 of 4 accesses to our house have been blocked and there aren't enough PG&E people to fix every outage. LOL I said that my trip back to the house on Friday from nearby town in the worst of the storm was a tale for the grandchildren - if I had any! If I'd known I would have never left the house! I seriously thought I'd be unable to get home.

I can't think I'll be reimbursed. They never called for evacuation in my area so no shelters either. Some people have hunkered down there with generators.  Our generator was small & had run out of propane & things were too uncomfy.

My medical thing is kinda serious unfortunately, but in a pain way not a life-threatening way. Hopefully it will start to improve over the next week. (Fingers crossed). 

Thanks for your concern :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@september wrote:

I'm in a flood warning zone.  It's supposed to peak between 8 and 10 this evening.  And it just keeps raining, raining, raining.....

Just read the CV is under evacuation.

Yes, it is!

I asked my g-niece about business at her restaurant, if they had any customers on the weekend - she said they were packed. That's in CVV. She will be off to work tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

I spent some time in a Red Cross evacuation center last night.  There was coffee, water, pizza, and Oreos.  I met a lot people who live in my area.

I returned home after the river crested to sleep in my own bed for part of the night.  From what I can tell, there was no flooding in my immediate neighborhood but I know others weren't so lucky.

We're still under flood warning until 6:30 pm, and it's still raining sporadically.  I believe the sun is supposed to make an appearance tomorrow.  Sure hope so!

Honored Contributor

I hope everybody is ok this morning.

Moonchilde - sending you positive thoughts and good vibes!!  Heart

It rained 100% of the day yesterday but when I got up this morning it was snowing pretty hard and still is.  Wet snow.  I wish it would dry up as I'm having another roof problem.   So mad that he hasn't had this taken care of in the last few years when it started.  *sigh*

Anyway, hoping everybody is safe.  Enough already!

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 scary  last night with the levee break. Many of our friends were packed and ready to evacuate. It's been repaired but they're watching it because of all the water the repair was temporary until it drys up.

Looking forward to a few days of sun, more rain this weekend.....sigh!

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

I spent some time in a Red Cross evacuation center last night.  There was coffee, water, pizza, and Oreos.  I met a lot people who live in my area.

I returned home after the river crested to sleep in my own bed for part of the night.  From what I can tell, there was no flooding in my immediate neighborhood but I know others weren't so lucky.

We're still under flood warning until 6:30 pm, and it's still raining sporadically.  I believe the sun is supposed to make an appearance tomorrow.  Sure hope so!

Partly sunny in Monterey. Cannery Row, PG & half of Monterey lost power last night. Now it's only our road that is without power in our 'hood! Go figure.

People in your area have had it scary for awhile, @september. Sorry you had to do the shelter. Our 'hood never had a shelter because no evac was ever ordered. Just 5 days w/o power. Grrrr....

Honored Contributor

Hi @chickenbutt!

I'm hoping we might be able to go home tonight, but who knows. Looks like they keep finding more trees & wires down in our immediate area :-(

In the midst of the storms & all, I've been having a polio-like statin reaction. Super scary & stressful. Tiny bit better today. Fingers crossed. Saga (and great support) in Wellness section.