Honored Contributor

Re: More Storms Lined Up In California

@Noel7 wrote:

The ABC local news was running nonstop with weather updates when I woke up this morning.

San Jose is in real trouble, supposedly thousands have been told to get away from their homes.

sj flood

I'm concerned about my nephew who lives in that area. I texted him yesterday and he said all was well, but I keep seeing reports. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Prayers to all who are affected!

I hope those who are told to evacuate, do get out.

I hope that there are places set up for people to take their pets and other animals, durring this evac.

Animals need to be evacuated, too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

The ABC local news was running nonstop with weather updates when I woke up this morning.

San Jose is in real trouble, supposedly thousands have been told to get away from their homes.

I'm concerned about my nephew who lives in that area. I texted him yesterday and he said all was well, but I keep seeing reports. 

Hi @gidgetgh

The main variable seems to be whether or not people live anywhere near a creek in the area.

It seems everyone is safe, they're getting them out and there are firefighters and others all over the area, some taking people out on rafts or walking them out through the water if necessary.

They are going from home to home.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

That's always why some people stay, they won't leave their pets.

I haven't heard how that's working, but of course any two story house should be safe upstairs, it doesn't rise that high.

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Moonchilde, congrats on your purchase, but after seeing the news, I am inclined to believe Californians should invest in boats, PADs and Bivoacs (those are highly insulated sleeping bags used by mountain climbers on My. Everest).....you just never know.....

How are you feeling?

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Where my niece works has been affected by the levee breach. It didn't flood (yet, that I know of) but was within a block of areas that have flooded and all access roads are out. Most employees can't get out of their homes due to either floods or roads closed for various reasons.

Back to round one, @Poodlepet2, but I did get a doctor's appt tomorrow.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Wow...what a mess is that section of San Jose?    I do know how dirty flood waters are.....if you come in contact with this water, be sure your tetanus booster is up to date.  

I thoroughly enjoyed this dry day today.   Did lots of yard work but I'm so behind schedule due to all the rainy weekends.   Hope I can get caught up before the Saturday night/Sunday storm rolls in.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Storms Lined Up In California

My heart goes out to all-sincerely.... this is where you say,"TG, I am alive and loved ones are safe..... it's going to take a Lon, long time to recover.....Sending positive thoughts to all at the mercy weatherwise.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

It's 48 degrees here but the sun is out.  We're bracing for another storm this weekend.

weather

Honored Contributor

It's just awful, I hope things will improve for all of you soon. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Heart to you all. I'm hoping this isn't your new normal.