Honored Contributor

More Storms Lined Up In California

We're having a heavy one here today and more coming in for solid storms from now through Wednesday.

The news said southern CA will also be getting a storm today.

DAM UPDATE:

They've managed to drain a lot of the water in the Oroville Dam and several other dams and reservoirs which threatened to overspill.  They're working on a patch for Oroville now.  They've done an incredible job with this, I must say, working round the clock.

Honored Contributor

Re: More Storms Lined Up In California

I hope the dam holds ,and the rains aren't going to make the situation worse.  Be safe everyone

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Noel

We have some rain here in L.A. but the wind is blowing the clouds away. Nothing as tremedous as the news reports.  Maybe a little later today but with the winds, there may not be much rainfall. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

As for the dam in Oroville, they are releasing MORE water than what is forcasted to come IN, so that helps a lot.

The Sacramento River is up higher that I have ever seen it, and Clearlake is pretty much at maximum capacity.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

As for the dam in Oroville, they are releasing MORE water than what is forcasted to come IN, so that helps a lot.

The Sacramento River is up higher that I have ever seen it, and Clearlake is pretty much at maximum capacity.

@Plaid Pants2

They've released much more water in the Oroville Dam in order to lower the water below the spillway hole, so that they can hopefully patch it soon.  They're already working on it.

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Hi Noel

We have some rain here in L.A. but the wind is blowing the clouds away. Nothing as tremedous as the news reports.  Maybe a little later today but with the winds, there may not be much rainfall. 

Hi @Puzzle Piece

Oh, too bad!  I know you've been hoping for rain.  Yes, they've been telling us up here that you would be getting a good size storm.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because political and imappropriate

Honored Contributor

Here's another current water vapor map of the area. Remember, the darker blue areas means more water...translates to lots of rain or snow. Stay safe!

wv.jpg

Honored Contributor

Thank you @SilleeMee !

Honored Contributor

Hope the Oroville Dam keeps holding up.  

It's been snowing here since at least 8:30 this morning, so I've been enjoying that since it's been in the 50s and higher lately.   But it's pretty wet snow, as it's only barely freezing, so no major accumulation.  Really glad for up in the mountains for all the many feet of snow they've been getting this winter.

Hope nobody at the lower elevations in N. CA has flooding again!!