Frequent Contributor

Re: More Argan Oil On Another Shopping Channel

Thank you ladies!  Your comments jolted me back to reality.  I just cancelled my order for the TSV.  What was I thinking! It was late when I ordered, so glad I caught it just in time before it was too late.  I think I was swayed by remembering the products I bought years ago from her.

Esteemed Contributor

Argan Oil.  It is a nut in a tree/shrub and it takes a goat to eat it, pass it, and then it can be used.  YES, THAT IS THE TRUTH.  Do your searching and researching and you will find that it must become goat squat to be used.  I don't use Argon Oil and don't understand how females can buy into such a product. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Frequent Contributor

I'm sticking with Josie Maran Argan Oil. I love all her products and have seen major improvement in my skin. Not impressed with the presentation of Morgan on her products. Too much extra stuff in it. Didn't make me want to buy the products when it looks like she has had surgical help. Josie looks natural and that is what made me try her products in the first place and now I am hooked for life.

Trusted Contributor

I bought the other Argan oil cold pressed and organic. When I put it on it smells terrible but it does go away fast. I guess that goat had a bad night.  I like Josie's but expensive . I'm going back to hers no smell. 

Trusted Contributor

ATTENTION EVERYONE------The goats are NOT involved with the processing anymore!!!!!!  It was years ago and NOW there are GOATLESS orchards of these Argan trees.  I was reading wiki and I knew from a long time back that goats were involved.  NOT ANYMORE!!!!!  SORRY for trying to throw a little fun into the coversation.---------tedEbear

Trusted Contributor

my grandmother had the most beautiful skin all her life, and right up until she passed when she was in her 90's, the only thing she ever used on her face was Noxzema.  Everyone always complemented her on her beautiful skin and she never looked her age.  

@nana59 wrote:

@tedEbear wrote:

@nana59-----Is your electric on now, is your weather bad?   I just looked up info about Argan Oil.  You dip your toast in it at breakfast  or drizzle it over couscous.  Goats climb the trees and eat the nuts (the tree nuts) and poo and then processed.    How much argan do you use on your face?

Enjoy your oil.--tedEbear

TMI for me, tedEbear.....think I'll go back to the 60's and buy me some Noxzema!!  Spending the night at my daughter's house to thaw out!  Power should be back early tomorrow....but we have 2 more storms headed our way next week.....I'm a native Rhode Islander, so you think I'd be used to it-but now that I'm a senior citizen it's a pain!!  

Trusted Contributor

@sweetness47 wrote:

I'm sticking with Josie Maran Argan Oil. I love all her products and have seen major improvement in my skin. Not impressed with the presentation of Morgan on her products. Too much extra stuff in it. Didn't make me want to buy the products when it looks like she has had surgical help. Josie looks natural and that is what made me try her products in the first place and now I am hooked for life.

Have you ever read all the added ingredients in Josie's Argan oil products except for her "so called" pure Argan oil?  Sorry I won't and don't buy into all her hype, if it is so rare how can she sell thousand of bottles?  If you do your research, many or most companies that claim to sell pure Argan oil is deceptive.  It is mixed with another oil or there is not any Argan oil in that bottle at all. So many people are spending high prices for what they think is Argan oil but is not. 

This was very interesting........I watched a video of a man from Morocco who was in a Sephora store and was smelling different brands of so called Argan oil.  His reply was to the brands he smelled and tested......"this is definitely not Argan oil because Pure Argan oil has a nutty smell and what he was smelling was a completely different oil." The color should be a golden yellow and not light or clear.  It should immediately be absorbed into your skin and It should always be packaged ONLY in very dark bottles.....not clear bottles, tubes, jars, sticks, etc. since there will be no benefit from this oil when packaged this way or if it is mixed with other ingredients.  

Frequent Contributor

Lovetoshopathome:   As a stated in my post I have had major improvement in my skin with Josie's argan oil so why would I change to something else when I am having such great results with hers.  If it isn't broke don't fix it.

Respected Contributor

I have also had wonderful results with this product (Josie's) and I will never be without it.  Be careful, though.  Lots of other skincare companies are selling argan oil, but if you plan to try something other than Josie's, be sure it is 100% argan oil and organic.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James