Valued Contributor

Metro Hijacking & Death in Washington D.C. Today

I just heard this on the radio as I was driving.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Metrobus-Attack-Hijacking-Pedestrian-Killed-377976341.html

I was watching CNN earlier and did not see any mention or time spent on this frightening story today.   Every time I turn on cable news, it's wall to wall election coverage day in and day out.

In the past, some stories would get prime attention on air, especially a tragedy as this one.  But, it seems that all they can talk about is candidates and election coverage.   Stories like this get a crawl on the bottom of the screen or a 2 min. mention.   A person died today because of a hijacking in a major city of the transportation system.   It deserves to be covered properly.

People will say, "there's too many sad things on TV," well, if the games and childish behavior of the election news isn't sad, I don't know what is.

Honored Contributor

Re: Metro Hijacking & Death in Washington D.C. Today

I agree that there is entirely too much coverage of this nonsensical election.  It's embarrassing for much of it to be aired to the whole world.  They must think Americans are a bunch of nut cases.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I agree that there is entirely too much coverage of this nonsensical election.  It's embarrassing for much of it to be aired to the whole world.  They must think Americans are a bunch of nut cases.

Kachina624,

It's just overkill.   They talk about the same thing on all hours of the day and night.   I was surprised they even talked about Prince when he passed.   A Navy Seal was killed today, and I found that out on the radio too.

I know we're not supposed to talk about politics, and I'm being very generic, but the media really is going to the lowest common denominator with their coverage.

I had to laugh this morning.  Some reporter was standing at a polling place in Indiana, right where people were standing in line to vote.   He was talking very loud about all the insults flying back and forth between candidates.   I thought we weren't even supposed have a political sign within so many yards of a polling place, and he's standing there influencing voters opinions on live TV.   Some in the line did not look too happy about him being there and reporting.

Honored Contributor

Kachina624 wrote:

Indeed they do!   It's like the early part of the century again - they think we are a bunch of idiots.  *sigh*

Esteemed Contributor

They news also has to get in one Kardashian story a day also. Such fake reporting  - it really is out of control.

It was disappointing to see the President acknowledge them at his press dinner.  So many people doing real work in the world.

Teachers in Chicago are being treated like trash while the Mayor gives the NFL minimal rental costs along with any other rich entity.  

Valued Contributor

@hopi wrote:

They news also has to get in one Kardashian story a day also. Such fake reporting  - it really is out of control.

It was disappointing to see the President acknowledge them at his press dinner.  So many people doing real work in the world.

Teachers in Chicago are being treated like trash while the Mayor gives the NFL minimal rental costs along with any other rich entity.  

hopi,

I totally agree.   I know the President was really sticking it to them in a way by bringing her up and what he said, but they will lap it up as if he is their new personal friend.  I'm sure it will be on an episode of one of their lame shows.

After seeing the movie "Concussion" I have a whole different view of the NFL.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not hear about the incident in the D.C area.  Living here in Los Angeles, there are many high speed pursuits and hit and runs along with other criminal activity that is broadcast. 

Our media is a very sick ticket here in the USA.  Celebs and Personality Celebs are not news but they get coverage as if most folks are interested when in reality they are not. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Our news today was all about a young 11 year old girl who was kidnapped by a person unknown to the family after school yesterday on the Navajo Reservation.  They found her body early this morning near the Shiprock monolith in the Four Corners.  They have a good description of the perp from her brother.   The FBI is investigating since it was on a Federal reservation, so they'll get the guy.

Screenshot_2016-03-10-20-42-01-1.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Frosted Cake wrote:

@hopi wrote:

hopi,

I totally agree.   I know the President was really sticking it to them in a way by bringing her up and what he said, but they will lap it up as if he is their new personal friend.  I'm sure it will be on an episode of one of their lame shows.

After seeing the movie "Concussion" I have a whole different view of the NFL.

I don't think the president 'was really sticking it to them', if anything he tried to insult a young girl who is just making an honest living. 

She's a model and the face for Estee Lauder.

She was a minor when her mother started the trash show. 

And btw, the president told her to tell Kim and Kanye he said "Hi".  <blah>

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Our news today was all about a young 11 year old girl who was kidnapped by a person unknown to the family after school yesterday on the Navajo Reservation.  They found her body early this morning near the Shiprock monolith in the Four Corners.  They have a good description of the perp from her brother.   The FBI is investigating since it was on a Federal reservation, so they'll get the guy.

Screenshot_2016-03-10-20-42-01-1.png

Thank you for sharing this tragic story.   My god, what is going on in our world?    I pray they get the guy!