Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

I am definitely not a fan.  IMO, she is very arrogant, is impressed with herself and needs an attitude adjustment.  She has been very unprofessional when she has done the debates.  She asks very inappropriate questions and then argues when she doesn't get the answer she wants.  She laughs when other candidates make fun of a certain candidate.  How unprofessional is that?  I cannot watch her.  

This was a huge event for Fox to up their ratings, and I've no doubt that moderators were instructed to make the debates somewhat "entertaining".    If the candidates were making attempts at humor, I do think they mods should have at least chuckled.

I can't address what was supposedly so "inappropriate" about her questions because Fox was criticized in general for that debate's questions by all moderators.  

I found absolutely nothing inappropriate about her questions.  Her questions were valid.  If someone is running for P r e s. and has called women "fat pigs" and "disgusting", that is not someone many want to see as a leader.  

Her questions were spot on, applicable  and deserving of the forum.

ITA ... and it was about time someone called him on his nasty comments towards women.   

Whether you love or hate Rosie O'Donnell ..... she criticized his BEHAVIOR regarding a contestant and he totally flipped out and criticizied her APPEARANCE .... he didn't even bother to justify or defend himself .... just horrible comments about Rosie's looks.    What shocked me is that it seemed to go over a lot of peoples' heads!   They didn't even get it.

Anyway, it was right to bring that misogynistic commentary to the forefront.

ITA

The rhetorical question  just helped to showcase his lack of character.  It was appropriate, and he was not targeted.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

IMO his war with Rosie is just that...track record shows there are positive relationships with women. M Kelly, as a well-rounded non-biased journalist, should have made those examples come to light as well, but she was just going for entertainment factor and soaking up some moments in the spotlight herself.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought Mary Katherine Hamm did an excellent job during the debates last night. She was clearly trying to elicit information from the candidates and not seeking to make it all about her.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

My father was a prominent journalist.  Every day papers were delivered to our home, and I mean papers.  I once asked him why so many.  He told me even where an article is placed tells us a different story.  He got different perspectives just noticing what was featured and where it was put.   News was news, and editorials were on a different page, but the placement was the key.  Then news on TV was simply information.

Today going from channel to channel there is SPIN and each has their TAKE on what is happening or not happening.  In most cases I am convinced that we are being bombarded with Cable making the news, not reporting it.  I see no accuracy, nothing to depend upon. I can find MY VIEW TO ANYTHING by just changing the channel.

I think Megan looks great.  But I have lost respect when the presenter IS THE NEWS not the reporter of it.  I am sick of the hype, and the elaborate broadcasting style.  

I am venting.  And I for one would rather watch reruns.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

IMO his war with Rosie is just that...track record shows there are positive relationships with women. M Kelly, as a well-rounded non-biased journalist, should have made those examples come to light as well, but she was just going for entertainment factor and soaking up some moments in the spotlight herself.

I disagree ..... if a man only has "positive relationships" with very good looking women, and has derogatory names for less than gorgeous  women, you're looking at a real problem.   

MK was already in the spotlight as one of the moderators. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I disagree ..... if a man only has "positive relationships" with very good looking women, and has derogatory names for less than gorgeous  women, you're looking at a real problem.   

MK was already in the spotlight as one of the moderators. 

Not all "positive relationships" are with "very good looking women." Rosie has made her share of negative comments to lead one to have negative opinions of her.  IMO this is not a "real problem." At greater issue is a biased press.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

@fortune wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

I think the men on FOX are very well dressed and professional looking. The women are all beautiful and extremely intelligent. The only one I really don't care for is K. Guilfoyle. Seems quite conceited and arrogant, she seems  to see  herself as a s*x symbol, I feel sorry for her son.

I agree about K. Guilfoyle!  I can't stand her.  She sits right in the front and crosses her legs--not very lady like.  She really thinks she's all that and then some.

I just LOVE Kimberly Guilfoyle even though I've always been offended by the Fox executives' exploitation of their female talent.  Guilfoyle is just being herself with her attire and manner, and I'm sure she has had many men eating out of her hand.  I'm not offended by Guilfoyle's manner of dress because it is her natural personality and she's not a victim of the suits in Fox's executive suite but instead is just being herself.  I wish I could be more like her, but it's just not my personality (plus I don't have her rack).  Guilfoyle rocks!

If you honestly believe that ANY network lets the talent wear whatever they want...I have a bridge to sell you!

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

My father was a prominent journalist.  Every day papers were delivered to our home, and I mean papers.  I once asked him why so many.  He told me even where an article is placed tells us a different story.  He got different perspectives just noticing what was featured and where it was put.   News was news, and editorials were on a different page, but the placement was the key.  Then news on TV was simply information.

Today going from channel to channel there is SPIN and each has their TAKE on what is happening or not happening.  In most cases I am convinced that we are being bombarded with Cable making the news, not reporting it.  I see no accuracy, nothing to depend upon. I can find MY VIEW TO ANYTHING by just changing the channel.

I think Megan looks great.  But I have lost respect when the presenter IS THE NEWS not the reporter of it.  I am sick of the hype, and the elaborate broadcasting style.  

I am venting.  And I for one would rather watch reruns.

GREAT post @bonnielu, thank you so much for your thoughts and perspective!

Esteemed Contributor

@juliet wrote:

yes she wore that dress on the Tonight Show. Missed her though on GMA. I think she got her own show after the last election when she had the chutzpah to confront Karl Rove 

I don't think it hurt Megan having a regular segment "Kelly File" on Bill O long running/top ranked show, The Factor. I like Megan and DVR her shows.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Megyn Kelly

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I'm not so sure the whole thing wasn't set up from the beginning to gain publicity. Mission accomplished. 

For whom? The Donald gets as much face time as he wants on any network of his choosing. And Megan? I think she is doing just fine and does not need to "gain" publicity via some type of stunt.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)