Trusted Contributor

Fox is my favorite news channel, but I do get a chuckle out of the "info babes" and their hair, makeup and tight dresses. It doesn't ruffle my feathers, though. They look good and they like to flaunt it in a fun way. The substance is there, so I'm okay with their looks. It would be refreshing to see some of them in some nicely tailored-but-not-stuffy suits and some pretty sweaters, though.

One of the more mature Fox News regulars, Marah Liasson, dresses conservatively, but she wears some fabulous chunky necklaces. I always admire her jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@FLgardener wrote:

Fox is my favorite news channel, but I do get a chuckle out of the "info babes" and their hair, makeup and tight dresses. It doesn't ruffle my feathers, though. They look good and they like to flaunt it in a fun way. The substance is there, so I'm okay with their looks. It would be refreshing to see some of them in some nicely tailored-but-not-stuffy suits and some pretty sweaters, though.

One of the more mature Fox News regulars, Marah Liasson, dresses conservatively, but she wears some fabulous chunky necklaces. I always admire her jewelry.

Smiley Happy@FLgardener  Great post!   Mara Liasson is different though.  She's a "Foxnews Contributor," not one of the Foxnews Stable of Babes. 

Respected Contributor

@brii wrote:

Martha MacCallum is 52?  Really?

Or do you mean Monica Crowley?

Nope.  Google it.

Trusted Contributor

Fox has too many commercials.  Seems like every time I surf over  there, it's  a commercial.  I do like Greta and used to watch her in her CNN days.  I do not like K. Guifoyle.  She used to be married to a local politician in my hometown & I would see her every now & then.  And she has a very "unfriendly" personality.  Meanee...!

I don't know much about Ms. Kelly.  Except that her man writes novels!  I do like that...

Valued Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I agree that short hair flatters her.  I used to be a fan, but I don't watch much anymore.  She seems to be on an ego trip lately.  I've suspected for some time that she'd like to anchor a network nightly newscast.  She seems a bit young to write a memoir.

I agree ...  I enjoyed Megan in the beginning of her new show, but I think she went too far, along with a few other Fox hosts at one of the debates and it turned me off.  It was almost mean.  I think she lost some viewers ...  I know she did me !! 

Respected Contributor

Syracuse University

Albany Law School

Journalist, News Anchor ,Political Commentator, Attorney

Somehow I don't think she cares whether anyone likes her hair or clothes.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I'm suprised Megyn agreed to go on Fallon's show as she had to wait in the green room and listen to Jonah Hill tell his crass stories plus he dropped the f bomb and then when she finally was called to come out, she dissed the band who played "what would the fox say," just for her but she did not acknowledge them at all.  About her Vanity Fair cover I saw it in the checkout line and it was not a flattering picture.  

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Syracuse University

Albany Law School

I suspect she does, otherwise she wouldn't be part of the Barbie brigade over there.......

Respected Contributor

Re: Megyn Kelly

[ Edited ]

@Graciesmom wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

I agree that short hair flatters her.  I used to be a fan, but I don't watch much anymore.  She seems to be on an ego trip lately.  I've suspected for some time that she'd like to anchor a network nightly newscast.  She seems a bit young to write a memoir.

I agree ...  I enjoyed Megan in the beginning of her new show, but I think she went too far, along with a few other Fox hosts at one of the debates and it turned me off.  It was almost mean.  I think she lost some viewers ...  I know she did me !! 

Her behavior was at times so unprofessional that I think Ailes needs to talk with her.  Clearly, her law school studies did not fully prepare her for her current job.  Her ability to ask questions and handle large amounts of info are transferrable skills, but she has some blind spots as far as journalistic ethics are concerned. 

Before the first debate, she exclaimed that one candidate might be out of the race after the debate was over.  I found this shockingly unprofessional and could hardly believe she'd say such a thing publicly.  It's not the kind of thing I'd ever seen her do.

More recently, before the second debate just recently, she sent a tweet to her colleague Stirewalt assuring him that the presidential race would look very different after the debate.  Once again, this is unethical, considering that she's supposed to ask questions, not try to influence the presidential contest she purports to be reporting on objectively.

I really think they need to explain to her why these kinds of statements hurt her credibility.  She has a lot going for her, but this kind of thing has to stop FOR HER SAKE.  I didn't know who she meant when she made her comments before the first debate happened, but I found it unprofessional and unethical all the same.

Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

Syracuse University

Albany Law School

I suspect she does, otherwise she wouldn't be part of the Barbie brigade over there.......

@SydneyH wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

Syracuse University

Albany Law School

As I stated earlier, I am sure she knew what she was getting into!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield