Respected Contributor

Re: Megyn Kelly

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

Meh...she looks just like the other Blondes of Fox.  They chose them well.

Well, Julie Bandaros, Uma Pemmaraju, Arthel Neville, Leslie Marshall, Harris Faulkner don't look too blonde to me.  They are some of my most respected commentators on FOX.  

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

I am definitely not a fan.  IMO, she is very arrogant, is impressed with herself and needs an attitude adjustment.  She has been very unprofessional when she has done the debates.  She asks very inappropriate questions and then argues when she doesn't get the answer she wants.  She laughs when other candidates make fun of a certain candidate.  How unprofessional is that?  I cannot watch her.  

This was a huge event for Fox to up their ratings, and I've no doubt that moderators were instructed to make the debates somewhat "entertaining".    If the candidates were making attempts at humor, I do think they mods should have at least chuckled.

I can't address what was supposedly so "inappropriate" about her questions because Fox was criticized in general for that debate's questions by all moderators.  

I found absolutely nothing inappropriate about her questions.  Her questions were valid.  If someone is running for P r e s. and has called women "fat pigs" and "disgusting", that is not someone many want to see as a leader.  

Her questions were spot on, applicable  and deserving of the forum.

ITA ... and it was about time someone called him on his nasty comments towards women.   

Whether you love or hate Rosie O'Donnell ..... she criticized his BEHAVIOR regarding a contestant and he totally flipped out and criticizied her APPEARANCE .... he didn't even bother to justify or defend himself .... just horrible comments about Rosie's looks.    What shocked me is that it seemed to go over a lot of peoples' heads!   They didn't even get it.

Anyway, it was right to bring that misogynistic commentary to the forefront.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

I am definitely not a fan.  IMO, she is very arrogant, is impressed with herself and needs an attitude adjustment.  She has been very unprofessional when she has done the debates.  She asks very inappropriate questions and then argues when she doesn't get the answer she wants.  She laughs when other candidates make fun of a certain candidate.  How unprofessional is that?  I cannot watch her.  

This was a huge event for Fox to up their ratings, and I've no doubt that moderators were instructed to make the debates somewhat "entertaining".    If the candidates were making attempts at humor, I do think they mods should have at least chuckled.

I can't address what was supposedly so "inappropriate" about her questions because Fox was criticized in general for that debate's questions by all moderators.  

I found absolutely nothing inappropriate about her questions.  Her questions were valid.  If someone is running for P r e s. and has called women "fat pigs" and "disgusting", that is not someone many want to see as a leader.  

ITA ... and it was about time someone called him on his nasty comments towards women.   

Whether you love or hate Rosie O'Donnell ..... she criticized his BEHAVIOR regarding a contestant and he totally flipped out and criticizied her APPEARANCE .... he didn't even bother to justify or defend himself .... just horrible comments about Rosie's looks.    What shocked me is that it seemed to go over a lot of peoples' heads!   They didn't even get it.

Ironic since he's at least 50lbs. overweight with the king of all comb overs.

Respected Contributor

Re: Megyn Kelly

[ Edited ]

@Ms X wrote:

@Graciesmom wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

I agree that short hair flatters her.  I used to be a fan, but I don't watch much anymore.  She seems to be on an ego trip lately.  I've suspected for some time that she'd like to anchor a network nightly newscast.  She seems a bit young to write a memoir.

I agree ...  I enjoyed Megan in the beginning of her new show, but I think she went too far, along with a few other Fox hosts at one of the debates and it turned me off.  It was almost mean.  I think she lost some viewers ...  I know she did me !! 

Her behavior was at times so unprofessional that I think Ailes needs to talk with her.  Clearly, her law school studies did not fully prepare her for her current job.  Her ability to ask questions and handle large amounts of info are transferrable skills, but she has some blind spots as far as journalistic ethics are concerned. 

Before the first debate, she exclaimed that one candidate might be out of the race after the debate was over.  I found this shockingly unprofessional and could hardly believe she'd say such a thing publicly.  It's not the kind of thing I'd ever seen her do.

More recently, before the second debate just recently, she sent a tweet to her colleague Stirewalt assuring him that the presidential race would look very different after the debate.  Once again, this is unethical, considering that she's supposed to ask questions, not try to influence the presidential contest she purports to be reporting on objectively.

I really think they need to explain to her why these kinds of statements hurt her credibility.  She has a lot going for her, but this kind of thing has to stop FOR HER SAKE.  I didn't know who she meant when she made her comments before the first debate happened, but I found it unprofessional and unethical all the same.

With all due respect her boss is the one who made sure she did that. They are scared of DT getting the nom. and want to make him the fool...which he is but SHE/ they clearly targeted him. 

She doesn't do anything they don't want her to do. She is the puppet of the master. That network does not value women...staff or viewers.

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

With all due respect her boss is the one who made sure she did that. They are scared of DT getting the nom. and want to make him the fool...which he is but SHE/ they clearly targeted him. 

She doesn't do anything they don't want her to do. She is the puppet of the master. That network does not value women...staff or viewers.

I'm drawing the same conclusions as well.  I don't need Roger targeting people he doesn't like thank you very much, lol

Respected Contributor

Maybe this is the dress she wore. Keeping it "stylish", I have a couple like this, but sleeveless. I'm searching for other colors and eyeing a blue one on E-Bay. 

megyn-kelly.jpg

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady  That looks to me like the dress she wore on the Tonight show.  You could find out  for sure - there is certainly by now a video of her interview with Jimmy Fallon on Youtube somewhere.

Regular Contributor

yes she wore that dress on the Tonight Show. Missed her though on GMA. I think she got her own show after the last election when she had the chutzpah to confront Karl Rove when he was calling some states for Romney and it was turning out just the opposite and he was so rattled that his calculations weren't working out. She called him out right then and there to find out what was going on since she had to report the results. She was probably trying to live upto that with the first debate but went too far. The line of questioning was valid but it was the first question in his first debate ever and it did come across as mean. But she was very ill right before the debate and shouldn't really have been on air so I give her a lot of credit for that. 

Valued Contributor

Love MK

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Ironic since he's at least 50lbs. overweight with the king of all comb overs.

LOL

so true!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"