QVC Customer Care

Re: Meghan Markle At Pippa's Reception

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

I read that Pippa's second gown was a white gown. Here is the article:

http://us.hellomagazine.com/brides/2017052139123/pippa-middleton-changes-into-second-dress-pronovias...

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Yardlie  Oh, I read that too. So now I wonder if that other article had a typo and it really was Meghan wearing the maroon backless gown?   Possible.  We'll find out --- eventually I'm sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Is Meghan that big of a star? 

I had never heard of her.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower

i have no idea who she is either......and i dont have a problem with wearing darker colors or a maroon color during the spring or summer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower

i have no idea who she is either......and i dont have a problem with wearing darker colors or a maroon color during the spring or summer.

Me either...but yet it seems we might have been misinformed.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Is Meghan that big of a star?  Just asking as I don't watch all the prime time shows or even go to the movies (other than animated features with the g-kids).

I can only hope it's really just media *hype*--all this hullabaloo about upstaging/downplaying.  For heaven's sake, the new bride's sister married a future king.   It's not about outshining anyone, it's just a fact.

Not wild about the arranged seating that seems to be the custom.  What if you get set between two duds?  As a couple, you can still meet perhaps three or four other unfamiliar couples at your table and mix and mingle.

The wedding pics so far have been interesting, I'm not a royal groupie though.  Looking forward to seeing the reception pics.  I want to see who and what this Meghan is all about!

@Lucky Charm  Meghan's "star power" comes from dating Prince Harry, not from her acting job.

Honored Contributor

I have difficulty understanding the hoopla surrounding Prince Harry's date.  He's dated numerous other (and some quite seriously) young women.  Like others here, I haven't a clue who Meghan Markle is.

All cultures have wedding traditions. Social and economic status also play into events surrounding the actual wedding ceremony.  Not seating couples together may seem odd to us, but it isn't in the UK.

I do look forward to seeing what the bride and her sister wore to the night time festivities.

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I have difficulty understanding the hoopla surrounding Prince Harry's date.  He's dated numerous other (and some quite seriously) young women.  Like others here, I haven't a clue who Meghan Markle is.

All cultures have wedding traditions. Social and economic status also play into events surrounding the actual wedding ceremony.  Not seating couples together may seem odd to us, but it isn't in the UK.

I do look forward to seeing what the bride and her sister wore to the night time festivities.

You are right...it is nothing about nothing.