Honored Contributor

Meghan Markle At Pippa's Reception

Since the other two threads are about fashion, Pippa's or Kate's dress. and since at least one person claimed complete disinterest in Meghan Markle, I'm starting this thread on a different topic.

I have seen no photos of Meghan at the reception, but if this British newspaper article is to be believed, the following occured:

(1) After traveling from America to be Harry's date and after Harry drove 100 miles round trip to pick Meghan up for the reception, per Pippa's seating philosophy, Meghan and Harry did not sit together!  

(2) Pippa wore a backless "maroon" gown.  Maroon at this time of year?  No doubt Lori Goldstein would approve of any color used at any time, but gosh, with all the peach and pink worn,  "maroon" seems quite dark and wintry and more Xmas holiday to me!  But since  Meghan used a stylist so what do I know?  If it was backless and Harry liked it,...I'm sure that's what mattered.

(3) I'm not sure I believed this, but the article says so that the serving staff would be as glamorous as the guests, models were hired to serve.

Read it for yourself:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/807518/Meghan-Markle-Prince-Harry-Pippa-Middleton-James-Matthews...

Respected Contributor

Re: Meghan Markle At Pippa's Reception

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

Since the other two threads are about fashion, Pippa's or Kate's dress. and since at least one person claimed complete disinterest in Meghan Markle, I'm starting this thread on a different topic.

I have seen no photos of Meghan at the reception, but if this British newspaper article is to be believed, the following occured:

(1) After traveling from America to be Harry's date and after Harry drove 100 miles round trip to pick Meghan up for the reception, per Pippa's seating philosophy, Meghan and Harry did not sit together!  

(2) Pippa wore a backless "maroon" gown.  Maroon at this time of year?  No doubt Lori Goldstein would approve of any color used at any time, but gosh, with all the peach and pink worn,  "maroon" seems quite dark and wintry and more Xmas holiday to me!  But since  Meghan used a stylist so what do I know?  If it was backless and Harry liked it,...I'm sure that's what mattered.

(3) I'm not sure I believed this, but the article says so that the serving staff would be as glamorous as the guests, models were hired to serve.

Read it for yourself:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/807518/Meghan-Markle-Prince-Harry-Pippa-Middleton-James-Matthews...

I seriously doubt models were hired to serve since they used a firm that the family has used before, Table Talk. I can't imagine they would insult them by telling them their staff were suddenly not attractive enough.

Meghan seemed to be wearing a black dress with a white jacket. I see the ruffled asymmetrical hem, as well. This is at the flypast.

IMG_1309.JPG

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

It's not uncommon for the servers and bartenders used by high profile caterers at posh affairs to be models and aspiring entertainers.  Before they become known enough to at least B and C celebrities in their chosen field, those folks spend a lot of time out of work. Many of them are already on the caterer's regular list of people they use at functions, so it's not like the caterer had to call a talent agency to recruit the beauties. 

Esteemed Contributor

I sure hope it isn't true that Prince Harry and his lady love Meghan weren't sitting together at the reception.  If it is true and Pippa chose the seating  arrangement it doesn't speak well of her. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kjelle wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Read it for yourself:

I seriously doubt models were hired to serve since they used a firm that the family has used before, Table Talk. I can't imagine they would insult them by telling them their staff were suddenly not attractive enough.

Meghan seemed to be wearing a black dress with a white jacket. I see the ruffled asymmetrical hem, as well. This is at the flypast.

IMG_1309.JPG

@Kjelle  That photo is not from the flypast.  That photo was taken when Meghan was watching Harry play polo. It's a file photo because there weren't any reception photos leaked or released yet.   That's a daytime casual outfit, not one she wore to the reception.   I've seen that photo out for at least a two or more weeks.

Frequent Contributor

This dress is from a polo match Meghan and Harry were at in the past few weeks.  Btw, I can't wait to see pictures from the reception - and yes, Meghan's dress!  I'm surprised no photos are being circulated yet. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I sure hope it isn't true that Prince Harry and his lady love Meghan weren't sitting together at the reception.  If it is true and Pippa chose the seating  arrangement it doesn't speak well of her. 

@Lindsays Grandma  She sure came a long way not to sit with her date!  It didn't sound from the article like it had anything to do with him being royalty though.   Well at least he got to chit chat with her on the 50-mile (one way) drive back to the Middletons when he picked her up at Kensington..

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee, I can think of only one reason....

Here in America, We seat couples together.

From what I have read about Upper Class British life, mixing dinner partners is one way to insure lively conversation.....and it also allowed the hostess to seat clandestine lovers next to each other for their convenience....in Edwardian times, it was acceptable among the upper classes to have affairs- which were never acknowledged of course.

It is somewhat of a custom that survived.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kjelle wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Kjelle  That photo is not from the flypast.  That photo was taken when Meghan was watching Harry play polo. It's a file photo because there weren't any reception photos leaked or released yet.   That's a daytime casual outfit, not one she wore to the reception.   I've seen that photo out for at least a two or more weeks.

@Pearlee Well, I'm glad because it sure didn't seem dressy enough. You can't see what she's wearing at all in the car with Harry, so I suppose the maroon dress report is most likely correct. 

It it doesn't seem that strange that Harry & Meghan wouldn't sit together at dinner. A lost brides move singles around to make a good mix. Plus she has met a few people by now. She's an outgoing person, so I sure she was okay. It's sink or swim. She has to see if this life will work for her.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Read it for yourself:

Sorry, @Pearlee, who allegedly wore the backless, maroon dress?