Honored Contributor

Re: McDonald's just tweaked the Big Mac

[ Edited ]

I've always liked their coffee.  Years ago, I had a ritual on Mondays, dropping my daughter off at school and going to Micky Dee's for a cup of coffee to kill the time until the stores opened.

Seeing their recent ads, I'd like to drop in and see what their new lattes are like.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I eat at McDonald's I get the single hamburger with onion and pickle only.  That is really boring too!

Lots and lots of years ago my new husband (married 42 years now) and my brother went to McDonalds.  The nearest McDonalds (back then) was an hour away so it was a big treat.  For some reason I wasn't with them.

They had a Big Mac eating contest.  They EACH ate 5 Big Macs and they called  a truce/tie.  LOL  Oh, they also ate one order of fries and a pop on top of those Macs.  Unbelievable!

Edit:  I forgot to mention that DH and my brother were both skinny.  Dh wore a size 29 waist jean.  Not now!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I eat a Big Mac occasionally and I don't think the original is big, especially since I take out the middle bread so I'll stick to the original 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm so boring.  I just like a hamburger, lettuce, tomato and mayonaise, that's it, one slab of beef!

I only eat Filet Mignon steak.  I can't eat a lot of meat it upsets my stomach.  I wonder who eats these huge things?  Maybe young teenage boys who are growing?  I have no idea?

@Annabellethecat66

I love fillet mignon but they are not the tastiest steak there is, which is why you often see it served with a red wine reduction sauce or some other added flavoring. 

We had the beef tenderloin for Christmas which is the fillet mignon not cut up, and it was like butter, but not that much flavor.

Just for fun and adventure, you might want to try a piece of prime rib or something like a New York or a ribeye.

Noel, who also does not eat much red meat, either.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 If you are a 'foodie' like my late husband was (unbelievable foodie) you would love the way my husband's friend would cook.

He was a chef at a well known restaurant in Va and every summer he'd come to the beach with us and he'd pay for his share by cooking all of the meals.  He was an amazing cook.

What I'm thinking about is he woul bring an entire tenderloin and ask each person (there were maybe 25 of us) how we' like it cooked (those who wanted it) and he would put it on that old grill at the beach and each person's meat would come out perfectly!  It was amazing to watch him cook it.

I even use Filet Mignon in the Vegetable soup I make.  I cut it up and put it in salads, I love Filet Mignon but not the cheap kind.  That's all I ever ordered when we'd go to the amazing restaurants he liked.  I'm boring when it comes to food.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 If you are a 'foodie' like my late husband was (unbelievable foodie) you would love the way my husband's friend would cook.

He was a chef at a well known restaurant in Va and every summer he'd come to the beach with us and he'd pay for his share by cooking all of the meals.  He was an amazing cook.

What I'm thinking about is he woul bring an entire tenderloin and ask each person (there were maybe 25 of us) how we' like it cooked (those who wanted it) and he would put it on that old grill at the beach and each person's meat would come out perfectly!  It was amazing to watch him cook it.

I even use Filet Mignon in the Vegetable soup I make.  I cut it up and put it in salads, I love Filet Mignon but not the cheap kind.  That's all I ever ordered when we'd go to the amazing restaurants he liked.  I'm boring when it comes to food.

@Annabellethecat66  I didn't know there was a cheap kind of fillet mignon, LOL.

I am in awe with people who are excellent chefs with meat, I am not.  The beef tenderloin was easy, follow the recipe to cook it in the oven and you don't have to grill it Smiley Happy

I do like a really good cut of prime rib, though Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

When I first arrived in the U.S.A. Many many years ago I hD never eaten a hamburger - then I was taken to the Golden Arches had my first Big Mac and fries - wow loved every bite.

Now after 30 plus years here still love going to McDonald's.  Lots of good restaurants here serve burgers but I love McDonald's.  Every month to six weeks DH has to have eye injection so we head for our burger.  In our little town no fast food restaurants so this is my treat - Jr. Mac for me coming up in Feb.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I'm so boring.  I just like a hamburger, lettuce, tomato and mayonaise, that's it, one slab of beef!

I only eat Filet Mignon steak.  I can't eat a lot of meat it upsets my stomach.  I wonder who eats these huge things?  Maybe young teenage boys who are growing?  I have no idea?

@Annabellethecat66

I love fillet mignon but they are not the tastiest steak there is, which is why you often see it served with a red wine reduction sauce or some other added flavoring. 

We had the beef tenderloin for Christmas which is the fillet mignon not cut up, and it was like butter, but not that much flavor.

Just for fun and adventure, you might want to try a piece of prime rib or something like a New York or a ribeye.

Noel, who also does not eat much red meat, either.

Just give me a nice, thick, juicy, 32 ounce porterhouse, medium-rare, please, and I am one happy woman!

Honored Contributor

I have no doubt that they will sell more Grand Macs than Mac jr's.  Count me out, at 56 my days of eating food like that are over.  I'm serious about losing weight but I am even more serious about eating nutritiously.

Honored Contributor

Who eats them?  Well...I could!  When it comes to meat, my stomach likes it.  I have to fight against these urges to maintain my weight and health.

Just don't give me any lactose infused milk!  We all have different tolerances for different foods.