Respected Contributor

i see that McDonald's will be pricing their McCafe drinks at $2 for a while starting in April, along with other drinks at $1.   sounds like a temporary break for all those looking for a well priced alternative to those high priced Starbucks drinks. 

Honored Contributor

I was quite surprised when I saw the below article in Forbes last December about McDonald's but if they can pull it off, good for them.

McDonald's wants to be new Starbucks.

http://fortune.com/2016/12/05/mcdonalds-coffee-starbucks-dunkin-donuts/

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

This has been going on in the Denver area for a while now.  Really nice

Respected Contributor
We've changed to McCafe. Not as many choices like white chocolate mocha but mocha is good and priced right.
Respected Contributor

Re: McCafe prices

[ Edited ]

@brandiwine wrote:

This has been going on in the Denver area for a while now.  Really nice

@brandiwinesounds like you were a test area.  did they get more business from you because of it?

Honored Contributor

Here in my city in WA state we often get price breaks on McCafe drinks (I'm NOT in Seattle). I don't care for Starbucks and love love the mocha frappe that McDonald's does.

Think I'll get one tomorrow!

Respected Contributor

This is not new. It's been going on for quite awhile.

My complaint is they don't make their specialty drinks in decaf or skinny. 

Respected Contributor

Re: McCafe prices

[ Edited ]

@Melania wrote:

This is not new. It's been going on for quite awhile.

My complaint is they don't make their specialty drinks in decaf or skinny. 

i don't think it has been national which might be the point.  i am not aware of it in metropolitan Los Angeles -  but i don't go to McDonald's that often.  but since they announced it as a promotion i expect quite a few areas are paying higher prices at present.  glad to have some good news for the boards!

Respected Contributor

I was a die-hard Dunks customer and now I get McD's coffee.  For the savings in price, it's totally worth it. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Trusted Contributor

I tried the McDonald's coffee at the drive-thru a few weeks ago for the first time (because I always have all my coffee here at home),  and found it to be quite good!  So, the next time I was at my grocery store, I bought a BAG of it (quite expensive - about $7.00 a bag) and made it at home.  Was shocked that it tastes nothing like the cup I got at the McDonald's!  I won't be buying a bag of it anymore, but I will drive-thru and get a cup occasionally!

Anyone else find it to taste different?