Honored Contributor

Re: Mary Beth's voice and Valerie show

I felt so bad for Mary Beth trying to go on with the show but at the same time, I was so uncomfortable with her voice that I had to turn off the show.  Valerie was trying to do most of the talking but as the host, MB had to do some things.  I wish Mary Beth a speedy recovery. 

Super Contributor

Woman Indifferent

Super Contributor

As far back and CVN (before QVC bought them out) she was always sick. 

Esteemed Contributor

@brii

@brii wrote:

Poor Mary Beth.

Allergies are horrendous this year. 

ITA and usually you don't feel bad, you just sound terrible. Lots of people do not like to take sick days if they are not contagious and feel well. 

Mary Beth  has a great work ethic but she really did sound terrible. Valerie looked strained over the situation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did not see this show, but have seen other shows when a host was froggy and nearly voiceless.

If it was a show I could take or leave, I would have just not watched. But if I really wanted to see/hear about the merchandise being presented, I would watch with the sound muted. If the vendor spoke I would unmute, then back to mute when the host spoke again, etc. Between the on-air graphics, the written description and what the vendor has to say, you would know if you wanted an item.

All the hosts do is talk about how wonderfully spectacular an item is, what colors it comes in, and get it on Easy Pay with your Q card. The hosts don't really give any valuable info you can't get on QVC.com.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I am  sure if Marybeth was really that ill she would have been replaced. I have had this happen to me did not feel sick at all no fever nothing just lost my voice. MaryBeth and her family and Valerie and her family do so many things together she probably wanted to do this show together. Her voice did not upset me since I already had this and felt great just kept loosing my voice. I watched the whole 2 hours.

Frequent Contributor

Yes. I was home for lunch and saw a minute of it.  Poor Marybeth.  It's was aweful!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

they seem to need more hosts now......

lisa mason is gone, mbr is sick, dan wheelers wife is not doing well and he just announced he will be off the air for the next four days.

I don't personally think they need more hosts, I think they simply need to more effectively use the ones they have.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

It's probably from saying  "now here's the thing" 10,000 times a presenntation.

Valued Contributor

It wasn't about MB being ill. it was very annoying!