Trusted Contributor

Re: Man spends 15K to become a collie

@faeriemoon wrote:

Remember the  guy who several years ago had plastic surgery, dental work and tattoos in order to look like a cat (or tiger?).

Stalking Cat: Man Changed To Look Like A Cat - Radio Sargam

I wonder if people regret these decisions.  Although the dog costume is less bizarre than a physical transformation.

OMG @faeriemoon ~~~You skeered me!!! Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

What struck me was the number of news headlines that described the man as "transforming" into a dog, or becoming a dog, as if he did that.

He is still an adult man, with an unfortunate obsession.   He has donned a costume, in which he romps and enacts dog-like behavior.  Should he desire to reconcile to the fact of his human life, some therapy could be enormously helpful.  Whatever lacks he perceives in his existence could be addressed in ways consistent with his biological reality.

I do feel bad for him, and hope he has caring people in his life who would urge him toward acceptance and enrichment of his real life.  In my opinion, the woman who is leading him around as a dog, whether she is paid, or someone just enabling him, is doing him no favors.

Honored Contributor

He’s not hurting anyone so there’s no need for all the nasty comments.

Regarding the bear:
I saw a video instead of a still shot and it does appear to be a real bear when he walks away on all fours. An animal expert commented that he also thought it was real and sun bears are known for having wrinkles.
Respected Contributor

As long as he doesn't make those delightful stinky piles on his neighbor's lawns, who cares?

Respected Contributor

No different than Pinocchio and the Velveteen Rabbit....

They wanted to become a boy and a "real" person, respectively.

Of course, we know today, with the proliferation of  infantile kidults out there, ("reaL" people who are trapped between toddler and teenager forever) they'd be better off remaining a wooden headed puppet or a stuffed toy.

They'd STILL have WAY more sense.