Esteemed Contributor

Re: Man dies after starting Krispy Kreme Challenge in Raleigh

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Why would anyone run while consuming 12 heart clogging donuts?  Seems counter productive....

It was a fund raising event and eating was optional.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

I don't even know why this is posted as if it is Krispie Kreme's fault.  People have heart attacks in many races without the donuts.  A young news anchor where I live was running years ago (in her 20's) and collapsed.  Luckily there was a nurse there.  She had a hidden heart condition that is normally fatal.  She is alive and well now.   

Trusted Contributor

I think you are the idiot.  You obviously didn't even read the article.  Or do you blame him for having a heart attack?  It could happen to you.  Would you want people calling you an idiot for having a heart attack?   I really fear for the future of the world when I hear the terrible and stupid comments on the internet.  Even if he had eaten the donuts, that still doesn't make him an idiot! 

Honored Contributor

A man was trying to support a charity and unfortunately had a heart attack.  I don't see what about that makes him an idiot.  That was a very mean comment to make and to be honest I don't understand where it came from.

Honored Contributor

as to not offend anyone I edited my post and removed the offending word.  Maybe not the sharpest knife in the drawer would be better.... 

Respected Contributor

Nope, that comment is no better.  I still question if you read the article.

Honored Contributor

This thread just just a complete mess of rude comments and knee jerk reactions by people who clearly didn't read the article. 

The guy didn't actually eat any donuts, and it was a running race not an eating competition. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Eating contest of any kind should be outlawed.  We hear constantly to eat healthy - read labels for excess salt and fat content - - and then some events promote gobbling events. Ever watch a hot dog eating contest?   I can't 'stomach' it. 

Honored Contributor

Looks like we need a reading comprehesion test before people can post

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I'm at a loss as to what to think about someone who calls another person an idiot for having a heart attack. 

I've come to expect these type of posts from this poster.