Valued Contributor

Re: Man dies after starting Krispy Kreme Challenge in Raleigh

@JAXS Mom wrote:

Looks like we need a reading comprehesion test before people can post

Your comment made me lol for real. 

I understand if it's a long thread with pages of replies and information is buried, but in this case it's all right there up front.  I like to search out the facts before I reply to anything, but many around here aren't very thorough like that.

Honored Contributor

The article headline is very misleading, which is the headline that I've seen in all news outlets.  It makes one think the man consumed a mess of donuts and then died from it.

One would have to read the article to find out that is not the case and it's very apparent not only have some not read the article, but they haven't read any of the posts in this thread that have repeatedly said the same.   

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Citrine1 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I'm at a loss as to what to think about someone who calls another person an idiot for having a heart attack. 

I've come to expect these type of posts from this poster.

Exactly @Citrine1!  

No surprise, consider the gazelle77/June222/Newport/italia8140/SeaMaiden source lol.

Respected Contributor

i think it is just plain sad.  he obviously had a condition before the race.  he may have been out of shape, but not necessarily.  some people are in very good shape and have heart attacks.

i know i wouldn't be running a race and stopping to eat donuts!  ugh!  just that in my stomach. 

Esteemed Contributor

My husband's reply when I told him what happened was, " If you eat a dozen doughnuts, you can gave a heart attack without having to run at all!"

Super Contributor

Our Story | Krispy Kreme Challenge

http://www.krispykremechallenge.com/k2cstory/

Since its inception, the Krispy Kreme Challenge has been proud to support the North Carolina Children's Hospital, a specialty-designed hospital that caters to the needs of sick or injured children and their families.

The mission of the hospital is to provide the highest quality care to patients from all 100 counties in North Carolina, regardless of a family's ability to afford the services.The money we raise goes to help fund additional equipment
and support services necessary to provide exceptional care. It makes possible innovative programs that aid in the treatment and care of children suffering from a wide range of illnesses.

It also gives patients the chance to just be kids, by playing on the 2-story play atrium or participating in a variety of on-site activities. In addition, the hospital has the state's only fully accredited hospital school, which keeps patients from kindergarten to 12th grade on top of their studies.

On February 14, 2015, we hosted more than 8,000 people for the 10th Annual Krispy Kreme Challenge, where we donated $195,000 to the North Carolina Children's Hospital, bringing the cumulative donation to an impressive $954,000.

Trusted Contributor

He did NOT eat any donuts!!

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

It is a miracle  that more people don't die during these overeating competitions and regular competitions in general.

Hot dog eating, super hot pepper challenges, mega sundaes, chugging races and even running marathons, frozen water swims, super steep and fast park rides, bungie jumping  - many people challenge their bodies for unnecessary reasons.  Goodness knows I have done so stupid things unintentionally and it's a blessing when you look back thanks God for not letting me hurt myself.

Except he dropped out a mile and a half before the donought eating part started so it had nothing to do with eating, he just simply had a heart attack while running.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

My husband's reply when I told him what happened was, " If you eat a dozen doughnuts, you can gave a heart attack without having to run at all!"

He didn't eat any doughnuts.

If you make an assumption based off a headline and don't read the article, you can pass on a lot of misinformation.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

He didn't eat any doughnuts.

If you make an assumption based off a headline and don't read the article, you can pass on a lot of misinformation.

Just the same, it was a clever comment on the part of Vivian's husband.  Props to him for that.