Trusted Contributor

Makowsky-house-fun for free time

I live in L.A. so I know where his spec house is.  You have problably seen photos, but this link today shows more detail and also if you read the captions it talks about Bruce and items in the house he designed and shows a car he owns.  You can advance the gallery of 40 pictures by clicking on the gray broder outside of the color photo.  For your free time when you have nothing else to do!  So if anyone is curious again:

https://homes.yahoo.com/photos/photos-l-a-s-most-extreme-home-85-million-and-built-on-spec-141114882...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Makowsky-house-fun for free time

Personally, I could not care less about Bruce or Kathy or anything about them. I don't believe he is all above board.

Trusted Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Personally, I could not care less about Bruce or Kathy or anything about them. I don't believe he is all above board.

DITTO. Can't stand either of them.

Contributor

Wow!  Every home needs a candy wall!

Honored Contributor

The link and photos were a house purchased by some guy called Perrson so I don't know where Bruce & Kathy fit in.  I looked at all the photos.  Bruce & Kathy did not have good taste IMO so I would think their home would reflect that.  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Gosh, guys.  This was just for fun.  The Minecrafter inventor bought Bruce's spec house.  He and Kathy never lived in it.  What I thought was interesting is that he worked to design some of the furniture (which was shown in the photos)  pieces and it showed a one-of-a-kind blue Bugatti which is supposed to belong to him. Did not mean to start a Bruce and Kathy "hate fest".   They were smart business people and capitalized on their success-getting out at the right time.   

Honored Contributor

@Kristy66 wrote:

Wow!  Every home needs a candy wall!

Yeah, to attract mice!  Any designer mousetraps in that house too?

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

What makes you say that?  Do you have any evidence to point  at?

Honored Contributor

@kjae wrote:

Gosh, guys.  This was just for fun.  The Minecrafter inventor bought Bruce's spec house.  He and Kathy never lived in it.  What I thought was interesting is that he worked to design some of the furniture (which was shown in the photos)  pieces and it showed a one-of-a-kind blue Bugatti which is supposed to belong to him. Did not mean to start a Bruce and Kathy "hate fest".   They were smart business people and capitalized on their success-getting out at the right time.   

Everyone has an opinion.  I would not call what I said a 'hate fest" but if that's how you feel, so be it.  It's not that important.  Yes, smart business people that made bags that fell apart.  I cannot respect someone who takes advantage of people for their own gain.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The house is just too much - I don't care for it.

The pool and the wine room are very nice though.