Honored Contributor

My son woke me up at 7AM this morning singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to himself. So proud of all he's become and everything he is...Lisenced Landscape Architect. 

We adopted him when he was only 4 days old. I had never held a baby so little (6lbs.9oz.) let alone have the responsibility of taking him home to care for him. The plane ride back to NC felt like forever & changed planes w/ a 2 hr. layover.

All those hours, we marveled at the tiny toes, hands, beautifully formed little nose and mouth...truly a miracle from God.

We never changed his diaper until we got home...He was asleep and the flight attendant said "don't poke the bear". He never cried, drank 8 oz. of formula they gave us at the nursery and just slept for 6 hrs. I think he knew we had no idea what to do if he woke up!!!

At home, day by day, everything fell into place. Bath time, dressing him, diapers, feedings, teething, crawling, walking...running. Kingergarten, 1st grade, college and grad school. Now married and 2 daughters of his own, he's a wonderful father and husband and oh yes, still a great son!!

BTW, when he was 2 months old, I became pregnant with his sister...typical story. He grew up w/ his sister and best friend.

HAPPY 45th BIRTHDAY TO OUR SPECIAL SON!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MY SON TURNS 45 ...MEMORIES

Beautiful story   <3 

Happy Birthday to your son!   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I hear that more and more - women who think they can't get pregnant adopt and then get pregnant.  I don't even think of my kids' ages because it pushes my age out even more - ha!  I literally have to stop and think about it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I don't even think of my kids' ages because it pushes my age out even more - ha!  I literally have to stop and think about it. 

@hoosieroriginal 

my daughter belongs to AARP...........lol...  how did that happen???

Respected Contributor

How very wonderful! Happy Birthday to him, and here's to making more great memories!

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal. I was engaged at 20 & married by 21. My son was born in 1972 & daughter in '73. I feel like I grew up w/ my kids. 

It was like having twins w/ them being a year apart. Oh so hectic while they were growing up, but so peaceful when they went off to school what seems like at the same time...kidding of course!!!!

Honored Contributor

10Heart's

Honored Contributor

@IMW.  Thanks from us. I also remember wheeling them in their double "twin" stroller. Folks always asked "Which of your children is the adopted one?". My answer was always, "You know? I can't remember". 

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy 45th birthday pics

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus Happy 45th Birthday to your son, your post brought tears to my eyes, so touching!