Super Contributor

In school, on tests there were word problems such as : A train is chugging at 10 mph going eastward and a penguin is waddling at 10 mph westward how long for them to intersect?

my answer: I dont know and dont care.

It drove the nuns crazy!

btw: as an adult educator I was tested at a university and found to have a Math learning disability.

Super Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@Lisa Y  then I'd need someone to take my SATs.

Call Lori Loughlin?

Honored Contributor

Funny. Our supermarket put cost per ounce ( or something similar) so that it easy to see which is the best buy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

No photo description available.

I am laughing because of your post. I found the same funny math on the paper towel rolls last week. 

Respected Contributor

Doesn't it make you wonder what people are mopping up with all these super mega absorbent toilet papers?  It's Scotts for me.  Cat Surprised

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  

This post is hysterical and oh so true!

Thanks for sharing!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

I compare square inches. That's the only measure that counts.

Honored Contributor

When it comes to degrees of difficulty, Paper Towel Math is right behind the TP Math!   

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@noodleann 

But that doesn't factor in whether it's one ply, two ply or three ply sheets.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@noodleann 

But that doesn't factor in whether it's one ply, two ply or three ply sheets.

It's true that you use more one-ply paper than you do two-ply (never used three-ply), but I think overall, the single ply works out better. Not as luxurious a wipe, but better for budgeting. 

My point is just that counting rolls is relatively meaningless. The manufacturers want you to be distracted from the bottom line, which is how much product you're getting in toilet paper square inches. Look for that figure on the product you're getting and compare apples to apples--single ply to single ply, double to double, etc.--and you should be able to beat them at their game.