Respected Contributor

Looks like Jana Duggar is opening up a business

http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/200485/jana_duggars_recent_megapurchase_has?utm_medium=sm&utm...

She's purchased a building that was a tattoo parlor for $95,000.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Looks like Jana Duggar is opening up a business

I wish her well. I wasn't a fan of their show. I barely watched it, but it sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders. It probably is a good investment

Esteemed Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

http://thestir.cafemom.com/celebrities/200485/jana_duggars_recent_megapurchase_has?utm_medium=sm&utm...

She's purchased a building that was a tattoo parlor for $95,000.  

Good for Ms. Duggar.  Could be a lifelong dream of hers to own her own business!

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Huh?  Maybe she is investing,in real estate.  It might be a rental property.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Huh?  Maybe she is investing,in real estate.  It might be a rental property.

Could be.  I could see her creating a business around her seamstress or musical skills.

Respected Contributor

My thought:  Her father really is the purchaser and he put it in her name for some sort of tax or incentive reasons.  He is a real estate wiz with many many rental properties and is quite savvy financially.  

I cannot see this family allowing an unmarried daughter to have her own business.  I'd like to be wrong about this.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

I didn't see anything about her starting a business.  It says she purchased the property. The article didn's say why.  $95,000 is chump change, so the location must be sketchy. Perhaps, she has plan for it.   Maybe she's doing what so many people with money do; buy land and hold on to it and when the value goes up.....sell....for hefty profit.   I never understood what people found so interesting in those shows.  I remember watch a couple of episodes in the beginning when the kids were young, before the pedophile brother stuff went public.  I knew it was bunch of fake, totally edited for tv silliness but I couldn't figure out what made people watch week after week.....and care about it.   My own life was far more interesting...and real.   

Respected Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

My thought:  Her father really is the purchaser and he put it in her name for some sort of tax or incentive reasons.  He is a real estate wiz with many many rental properties and is quite savvy financially.  

I cannot see this family allowing an unmarried daughter to have her own business.  I'd like to be wrong about this.  

Absolutely, in this cult women are not allowed to do much of anything other than marry a daddy found, daddy approved manpuppet and pump out babies.  And, bc they aren't allowed to go to college, other than Jill's husband who was a CPA for Walmart (and gave it up to go do "missionary" work in Central America) even the Duggar Boys/men the daughters marry don't have real jobs. 

Honored Contributor

So happy to support anyone's new business but especially another woman's.  Good luck to her and hope she is very successful.  Women standing with women.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

"manmuppet"   that's wonderful

did you make that up ??

and I can't imagine JimBob allowing such independence either 

@Financialgrl wrote:

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Absolutely, in this cult women are not allowed to do much of anything other than marry a daddy found, daddy approved manpuppet and pump out babies.  And, bc they aren't allowed to go to college, other than Jill's husband who was a CPA for Walmart (and gave it up to go do "missionary" work in Central America) even the Duggar Boys/men the daughters marry don't have real jobs.