Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for Free Reverse Phone Number Look UP

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Unfortunately, reverse lookups for those numbers are not very effective because the companies get shut down or switch numbers so often that the information can't be kept up to date.

You can try 800notes.com, which is a free crowd sourced site. Users enter the data on the scam/spam calls themselves.

-----------------------

That is what I use to look up numbers.  If it is a scam and others have been called, there will be some info on that website.

Honored Contributor

The scammers are so adept at manipulating telephone numbers that it's pretty fruitless to try to bock them; by tomorrow they'll be using a dozen more numbers.   This really hits home when your own number comes up on the caller ID.   They can be out of the country but the ID looks like a US area code. 

FYI,  I've read where the latest country to jump on the "scam America"  bandwagon is the Philippines.   They are more likely to speak decent English. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@bonnielu ... I use anywho(dot) com for reverse U.S. phone numbers. There are a couple places called Whocalledme(dot)com and Whocalled.us/lookup for other numbers. Those calls are frustrating...although we usually just screen our calls and don't even answer unless we know who is calling. Otherwise, they can leave a message...or I might pickup if I recognize the caller.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli