Honored Contributor

Re: Longest Running TV Show is a Sewing Show

I just started watching PBS. I saw Nancy. She has been on 30 years, Did she have a stroke/bell's palsey? There are a lot of good cooking and travel shows on PBS. I really enjoy Lidia's Italy and 80/20 with Robin Shea.
Respected Contributor

Nancy has a great show and I have watched her a lot, great sewing tips. Loved Bob Ross too.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

That's what I love about PBS......the do show these shows today so we can see what they had to offer. Such talented people. I watch their 3 channels quite a bit......not boring at all like most of the network shows are.

Really love to watch Lidia's shows......and you know when she has her mom on there to taste what she has just fixed......you know exactly what she will say and what her expression will be......it never changes......she is so darn cute. Wonder how old she is now......believe I have heard Lidia say she is 90, but how long ago was that?????

Honored Contributor

On 6/15/2014 sfnative said:

I love "Sewing with Nancy." Just discovered it when we moved to Portland last year, as it wasn't offered on any of the channels in previous cities in which we've lived.

The variety of topics and her straightforward teaching style is wonderful. She's also very inspiring. I have a couple of her projects just waiting for my back and knee to get better so I can hop on them.

I was quite put out yesterday when I tuned into our local PBS station at 11:00 a.m. to watch Nancy, only to find out it's pledging week. Darn! I was really ticked!

We are in the 2nd week of pledging.....and I'm missing the Antiques Road Shows too.

Super Contributor

Wow, I don't sew but that's amazing - she's been on for 30 years! Yikes! Good for her. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

I notice the PBS here, show many old shows. Like Rick Steves ( travel show) and the wet on wet oil painter Bob Ross. I now look these people up. Rick is in his 50's and recently divorced ( 2010) and Bob is deceased. ( 1995).
Honored Contributor

On 6/15/2014 deepwaterdotter said:

Isn't "Meet the Press" was the longest running show?

You are right. Someone corrected me and said her show is the longest running sewing and quilting show, but it has been on a long time.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/15/2014 missyw1 said: I just started watching PBS. I saw Nancy. She has been on 30 years, Did she have a stroke/bell's palsey? There are a lot of good cooking and travel shows on PBS. I really enjoy Lidia's Italy and 80/20 with Robin Shea.

She had Bell's Palsy. Most of the time the facial paralysis is temporary, but for a small number of people it is permanent. She's one of those in whom it's permanent. I used to order sewing supplies from a catalog of hers many years ago. Her face has been that way for as long as I can remember. She sure hasn't let it get in her way!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

On 6/15/2014 shoesnbags said:
On 6/15/2014 missyw1 said: I just started watching PBS. I saw Nancy. She has been on 30 years, Did she have a stroke/bell's palsey? There are a lot of good cooking and travel shows on PBS. I really enjoy Lidia's Italy and 80/20 with Robin Shea.

She had Bell's Palsy. Most of the time the facial paralysis is temporary, but for a small number of people it is permanent. She's one of those in whom it's permanent. I used to order sewing supplies from a catalog of hers many years ago. Her face has been that way for as long as I can remember. She sure hasn't let it get in her way!

I know a couple people who have it. One was permanent, the other temporary. I am also glad she had overcome this and on TV!
Honored Contributor

Generally speaking, I think most people have been very kind regarding her Bell's Palsy. I can't even imagine what some people on these boards would say about a QVC host who contracted an illness like Bell's Palsy (they even criticize fingernails on the boards).