Respected Contributor

Live broadcast of skydiver without a parachute july30

http://www.usnews.com/news/offbeat/articles/2016-07-28/hes-a-skydiver-working-with-a-net-but-no-para...

It will be on fox network at 8PM (EDT).  Heaven Sent title of program. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Live broadcast of skydiver without a parachute july30

He's certifiable and NO network should be televising this madness. I absolutely will not watch.

This nutter has a 4 year old. I wonder how well set the family is in terms of insurance.

Honored Contributor

I won't be watching.  Crazy!

Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

He's certifiable and NO network should be televising this madness. I absolutely will not watch.

This nutter has a 4 year old. I wonder how well set the family is in terms of insurance.

I seriously dioubt insurance would cover jumping out of an airplane without a parachute on purpose.

Respected Contributor

He says he will use air currents to guide him to his destination and there will be a net.  Worked in Ironman movie.  Not sure if I'll tune in. 

Esteemed Contributor

What an idiot....

Honored Contributor

Some time ago I read an interesting article on risk taking.  People who desire calculated extreme high risk activities are born with certain genes that create an addictive craving for these activities...their bodies and mind are determining these decisions....not their good sense.  I enjoy some fairly risky activities, but not with a high certainty of death.  Not making any judgements, I just thought it was interesting that our chemical make-up would determine our decision making process to this degree.  I also wonder to what degree ego enters into these decisions.

Esteemed Contributor

I won't watch.  I just think of all the copy cat fools (teens/children) who will try something like that and will be seriously injured or worse.  I guess folks at the media are just as bored as the viewers with the constant boring politics on air.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

What an idiot....

@circles and sadly an idiot with a child . . . good heavens and shame on Fox for encouraging this behavior knowing what is at stake.

Respected Contributor

@151949

I didnt clarify: I meant insurance prior to making such a stupid decision.

Of course no insurance company would cover him; that is common sense.