Occasional Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson leaving QVC

Lisa is the undisputed "queen" of QVC. Doubtless she has a huge following as QVC reaches millions in their homes and on their devices. It is also beyond question that she has developed many contacts during her tenure at the network. Perhaps she will be leaving for a position in fashion or merchandising for a large entity. Or, she may think she can launch her own line...ala GILI. Can anyone say Kathy Levine???? I am old enough to recall that Regis Philbin had handpicked Lisa to replace Kathy Lee Gifford on his program. But his network did not agree with his thinking. Numerous hosts have left QVC for something better but no one has achieved it. Few platforms are as large as QVC's in terms of providing a captive audience. Hosts on QVC can earn huge salaries and no doubt Lisa was their top earner. Will she retire? Will she marry? Will she launch her own line? Her won show? The question is whether once she steps away whether many will care. I enjoyed watching her. She became much more glamorous as she aged. I thought she watched herself too much in the monitor after so many years in front of it. But no mistake, she held huge sway. It will be interesting to see if she does anything from here or simply retires from public life. I suspect she has an offer or has a great idea. We may not know for quite a while since a non compete clause may be involved. Or a honeymoon. Who knows? I wish her well and I wish her success. She will be missed. It will be interesting to see which female host rises to fill the void. Or... will it be someone new? Stay tuned. Lisa was so much better than a lot of the stuff she was obliged to hawk. That is true for all the hosts.

Valued Contributor

On 10/10/2014 brii said: Hi, Donna.

good morning!

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Super Contributor

Good luck to Lisa in her future endeavors whatever they may be!!

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I think it was time for her to go. She was getting stale and repetitive. You could tell in her presentations her heart is not in it anymore.

I wish for her good luck in what ever she chooses to do.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

Twenty years or so is a long run on live television; maybe she just wants a change.

What I like about her presentations: she's witty and quick, she looks fabulous in every fashion she puts on, she is pleasant to the models, and she knows a _lot_ about jewelry, especially pearls.

I will miss the Italy show; I always watch that one and usually buy something pretty. I don't see how they can continue with that.

Trusted Contributor

"I am old enough to recall that Regis Philbin had handpicked Lisa to replace Kathy Lee Gifford on his program. But his network did not agree with his thinking."

Sorry, but that's not true.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 adelle38 said:

She said she's leaving on December 12th. I wonder why she decided to announce it this far in advance. Good luck to her.

Maybe that's when her contract is over.

Occasional Contributor

On 10/10/2014 adelle38 said:

"I am old enough to recall that Regis Philbin had handpicked Lisa to replace Kathy Lee Gifford on his program. But his network did not agree with his thinking."

It may have been Kathie Lee who wanted her as replacement...Something sticks in my mind.
Honored Contributor

On 10/10/2014 adelle38 said:

Regis Philbin had nothing to do with it. Kathie Lee Gifford suggested Lisa audition, but it went no further than that.

Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 ybab said:

I think we might see Lisa working for Chaz Dean

I think she will be working for a Q vendor (Joan's line). I don't think she would have to wait a year?