Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson leaving QVC

I wonder if that Dooney call was the last straw for her. Not the call itself but the nasty threads and posts that followed.

It will be a different Q without Lisa. I wish her the best.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

On 10/9/2014 adelle38 said:

She said she's leaving on December 12th. I wonder why she decided to announce it this far in advance. Good luck to her.

i am surprised that she isnt staying through the holidays, especially since they focus quite a bit on her decorating style, her home, and her gift choices.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

On 10/9/2014 MomTo2Dogs said:

I wonder if that Dooney call was the last straw for her. Not the call itself but the nasty threads and posts that followed.

what Dooney call? Totally missed it...what happened?

Respected Contributor

The Q won't be the same without her.

Respected Contributor

I just did a google trying to remember the name of another host and came across an article (probably very old) about her being stalked. Wonder if that had anything to do with her decision.

Probably just time for her to try something else. I really wish her well. She wasn't ever my favorite host but I thought she was probably the most professional. She will really be missed.

Respected Contributor

On 10/9/2014 EastCoastViewer said:

what Dooney call? Totally missed it...what happened?

It was Saturday's Dooney show. Sue and Lisa were on air and of course they took customer calls. One call started out like all others. Then the caller said (and I don't remember the exact words so I'm paraphrasing), "Lisa, we would like to hear more from Sue". Sue chuckled as did Lisa. Lisa replied with, "Ok! I will do that" and then to Sue, "She loves me". Of course the Community went nuts because many understood it as the caller telling Lisa to shut up which wasn't the case at all. The caller was being a matter of fact and Lisa took it with good natured humor. People were bashing Lisa as well as the caller in multiple forums and on facebook. It was bad.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

I doubt it.....I'm sure this has been in the works for awhile.....things like this don't happen overnight.

I would imagine it's been something on her mind for awhile and she has something in the works. She's a smart woman.....I don't think she would leave w/o something solid lined up.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

Well maybe with new management, she wasn't going to be able to do all the things she has been doing. There comes a time in many lives when you do have to make changes in your profession, and maybe this is the time for her. Am sure she did a lot of soul searching, and didn't she just have a vacation recently.....????? So, maybe that is when she made up her mind to leave the Q.

Good luck Lisa in what ever you will be doing.

Respected Contributor

On 10/9/2014 Lotus~ said:

I doubt it.....I'm sure this has been in the works for awhile.....things like this don't happen overnight.

I would imagine it's been something on her mind for awhile and she has something in the works. She's a smart woman.....I don't think she would leave w/o something solid lined up.

Dunno. She recently mentioned on air comments on facebook that added to a bad week (the week that Joan Rivers died). The constant beat downs must get to her.

And I doubt she needs to have anything lined up. She's probably good financially.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

I think Lisa is the best host they have. Im sure she will be missed by many. I am also sure that she will be off to do bigger and better things in the future!

(And about the stalking, which I hate to mention but since someone else did I will say what I have read before. Yes sadly she has been stalked many times and there were court cases pertaining to the stalkers. The last being just in Dec of 2013).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles